A big snow storm on the way ???

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Haven’t been out. Word is most of the main road, like New Circle, Nicholasville, etc…are fine. Sides and neighborhoods are rough. SE side toward Madison got it worse than me. I’m NW. Maybe 1.5-2 here but towards Clays Ferry like 4.

We had to reschedule for Friday. Not worth it and wasn't something we had to do today.

OLE RASPY

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2018
Barren county
The roads over here at work were the worst I’ve ever seen them.
Yep. I never had a problem. But when I arrived on 31w and the bridge was shut down. I did a donut in road and headed back to natcher and hit rville rd and come 242 at rock field. The cut thru was a wreck had it blocked. Left house at 5:30 got to work at 7:06. :rolleyes::mad:

Nock

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2012
Butler co
Yep. I never had a problem. But when I arrived on 31w and the bridge was shut down. I did a donut in road and headed back to natcher and hit rville rd and come 242 at rock field. The cut thru was a wreck had it blocked. Left house at 5:30 got to work at 7:06. :rolleyes::mad:
I got here little before 6 so I missed all that. I come in on the new cut through. I went around the turn around at 5 mph and still slid.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Hot off the wire... soon to hit here... temp has been dropping, can feel it...

National Weather Service
Paducah KY
154 PM CST Wed
Jan 19 2022​

.SHORT TERM...
(Tonight through Thursday)
Issued at 153 PM CST
Wed Jan 19 2022

Mid-level forcing is aiding precipitation production that is moving across the Quad State from the southwest this afternoon. The sfc cold front has already moved through changing sfc wind. directions to northerly, while the freezing line has just entered the Quad State from the northwest. Sleet is mixing in slightly ahead of the freezing line in SE Missouri and SW Illinois

The freezing line is expected to continue through the Quad State this afternoon. The western half of the CWA is more likely to see an hour or two of mixed precipitation with sleet or perhaps freezing rain before switching to snow, while eastern areas are less likely to see sleet/freezing rain during the rain to snow transition.

PoPs have been increased this afternoon for the I-64 corridor but
QPF has shifted somewhat lower for the Ohio River area. While technical definitions of winter weather advisory criteria may not be met over much of the advisory area, localized snowfall up to or over an inch and hazardous flash freeze conditions after dark will result in significant impacts to evening travel. The advisory area is maintained at the same size, while an SPS was issued to
cover winter weather impacts over the rest of the CWA.

Precipitation is expected to end north/west of the Ohio River by the early evening, and exit Western Kentucky later in the evening.
While precipitation will have ended 6+ hours earlier, patchy slick spots and black ice on roads and walkways are likely to linger into the early morning commute.

Northwesterly winds gusting to 25-30 mph this afternoon are expected to continue to be breezy tonight and tomorrow. The Arctic air brought in will drop lows tonight to around 10-20, while the wind results in early morning wind chills below 0 for much of S Illinois and SE Missouri and in the lower single digits for W Kentucky and SW Indiana. Highs tomorrow are forecast to be in the 20s with afternoon wind chill values in the 10-20 range...