A 600+ Bird Morning

fold'em10

Fawn
Nov 21, 2008
Boone County
The migration has come. Hunted this morning in northern kentucky, a fantastic morning. Around 8:45 after the wind slowed down with the drizzing snow we put the hurt'n on'em. Flock after Flock after Flock of geese, we got are limit of 12 and birds were still coming strong. We only saw around a hundred birds before we killed out. We sat in our blind and took pics of the black sky over head before picking up our decoys, more geese landed about 150 yards from our decoys (waves of em), we left the field where we were hunting and hundreds of birds sitting in the spot on the field were we set up, we'll give them a week or two break then hit hit them hard with a few more guys. This morning looked like something on the outdoor channel, Best morning I ever had. Ill get some pic's soon.

RutNBuck

12 pointer
Dec 10, 2001
Northern Ky
wow thats good to hear we went out and saw very little
a few here and a few there the sky was as wide open as rosies mouth

Triton

10 pointer
Dec 7, 2006
Highway to HELL
The migration has come. Hunted this morning in northern kentucky, a fantastic morning. Around 8:45 after the wind slowed down with the drizzing snow we put the hurt'n on'em. Flock after Flock after Flock of geese, we got are limit of 12 and birds were still coming strong. We only saw around a hundred birds before we killed out. We sat in our blind and took pics of the black sky over head before picking up our decoys, more geese landed about 150 yards from our decoys (waves of em), we left the field where we were hunting and hundreds of birds sitting in the spot on the field were we set up, we'll give them a week or two break then hit hit them hard with a few more guys. This morning looked like something on the outdoor channel, Best morning I ever had. Ill get some pic's soon.

Where the Pic'ss????????

unowho89

Fawn
Feb 25, 2008
Foldem press release

foldem would also like to thank all of his sponsors because without them saturday morning would not have been possible

Getchasum

10 pointer
Feb 24, 2008
NKY
Haha thanks to getchasum's chevy, unowho and getchasum's goose decoys, unowho's trailer, not sure but willing to bet i provided the ammunition. Oh yea and my finsiher. Just messing with ya trev congrats i should have stayed home and wacked'em with ya

hillbillyhunter3

6 pointer
Jan 28, 2008
NKY
I hunted the Ohio along Campbell County on Saturday morning. It sounds like you saw quite a bit more in Boone County than I did in Campbell. Only saw 4 total ducks all morning. Might have been more flying that we didn't see because of the snow. Had 2 separate ducks land in our decoys. Ended up shooting both. One hooded merganser and one odd duck that we are trying to figure out what it is.

Saw about 150 geese come out of the power plants. Started to call to the geese until we realized that there were guys goose hunting in the fields up above us. We quit calling for the morning, figuring the guys in the fields had a heck of alot better chance of calling in the geese than we did. Watched multiple groups of geese fly over the fields and heard the goose hunters shooting, but never saw any geese fall. Not sure if they ended up with any geese or not. I do think they ended up shooting a coyote that we saw along the bank.

I thought we would have seen a lot more ducks with a lot of the smaller ponds being froze up. Hopefully more ducks will show up in the next few days.

What is everyone else in NKY seeing.

Getchasum

10 pointer
Feb 24, 2008
NKY
Me, Foldem, and unowho all hunt together usually. We do most of our hunting in boone county. That spot where he shot all the geese aint far from the river at all. We have been seeing a ton of geese lately. There are four real big roost ponds used during a lock out, one holds about 500, one can get up to a thousand later in the year....one maybe 200 hundo, last is the powerplant and it gets ridiculious probably 2000+. We have fields we hunt relatively close to all those. Ducks we aint seen much of them later in the season we see prob an average of 100 a day right now nothing to talk about. We arent having the best year, last year right now i think we had 20 ducks already this year we only have 8 ducks and twelve geese....hopefully things starts to change.

Latest posts