#9 bites the dust!!

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by BT Game Calls, Oct 25, 2012.

1. BT Game Calls

BT Game Calls Spike

Aug 16, 2012
    Nancy Ky
    282315_810646562409715_1564594111_n.jpg

Well yesterday was a bad day for #9 this year ,beautiful female 34pounds dont happen very many times but I got her within 80 yards of the female that I posted Tuesday . Saw this one in the calves, walked to the same hay stack got set up just barley daylight gave a little bunny blues on the BT Call her she come . This on must of seen or heard the show on the past morning she didnt fully hook got to about 100 yards and decided to break camp.. shot her going away with S.D. 204 ar. Had as good a fur as you could ask for. Maybe a tuff winter coming !!!! Thanks for looking Johnny Mounce

2. Knock em down. Nice AR. I use a 223 and 204 in the AR platform & having good luck with both calibers.

3. BT Game Calls

BT Game Calls Spike

Aug 16, 2012
    Nancy Ky
    Thanks Yote Yoda, I sure like this one!!!!!

4. 30-30

30-30 8 pointer

Aug 26, 2011
    hey good job on another, do you use an e-caller any? and pm sent

5. BT Game Calls

BT Game Calls Spike

Aug 16, 2012
    Nancy Ky
    30-30 ,Thanks for the kind words and yes if I am really going out to make stands I do take an Ecaller with me. I dont us them a lot because most of the older dogs in my area have already heard some form of them. Hand held calls can be used in so many different ways they will always sound different!!!!!! But keep in mind with a mouth call they will know right where you are too!!!!!! PM returned Thanks

6. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Hey Johnny, Nice calling and shootin. I am on the other end of the county from you, and it looks to have been a good "Hatch" this year...lot of them running around.
    I haven't been out for a couple weeks and this weekend looks like a blank also. Ditto on what you said about using an E-Caller...all the older ones have heard one before, but sometimes they will show up at a distance. I use a FX 3 about half the time...mouth calls or Nothing the other half. Sometimes it's better not to tip them off that "something" is in the area.
    I have a half finished AR that I cannot decide whether to go with a .204 or .223; also considering a 20 Practical. JRC

7. BT Game Calls

BT Game Calls Spike

Aug 16, 2012
    Nancy Ky
    Thanks JR, I always say something to them,but as things have changed in the past years so many calling them it works best for me to not say any more than I have to!!!!! As for the AR ,3 years ago I would have laughed at a guy shooting one(lack of study on my part) thought they were a piece of crap just for slinging lead after much study and asking questions spent the money still with concerns had mine built ,ended up with a 1/2 inch rifle after 100 rounds.... so if you build one dont be excited if it does sling them at first!!!! JM