9-29-18

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by BubEastKY, Sep 29, 2018.

1. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Of the 6 doe I had come in none of them had a fawn with them. I plan to drop several this season just not today after a 70 hr work week.

2. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    I hung a set this morning under a smoking hot oak. Sons gonna hunt that this evening. The things we do for our children hmmmmmm

3. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    I’m at work. Least nothing has broke. Yet......

4. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    On Tractor seat mowing hay. Trying to get done. Once hay is done this week. LOOK OUT Going to Bow hunt all I can then.

Drahts likes this.
  5. Dan99

Dan99 6 pointer

Oct 11, 2015
    I was out for a while and saw three does. I've yet to see a buck from the stand this year.

6. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Out with the daughter in the blind tonight. Nice night so far. Hopefully a nice doe comes out to make it perfect.

7. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    Dry run for me this morning picked up a new buck on cam this week hope he shows up this evening good luck to those who are out.

8. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Nothing but grey squirrels so far here in Pulaski. But it’s a great evening to be watching squirrels. Hopefully something bigger shows up!!

9. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Dang man, you don't look old enough for that hip replacement stuff. Hope you get in a stand soon.

10. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    My son is in the set i hung this morning. Hes mad lol. Hes got 5 bucks under him right now and he wants a doe lmao. Im sittin at the cabin havin beers because i figured hed need help draggin one out but no shots fired as of yet

11. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Hunting in climber. Didn’t bring backpack. Forgot thermacell. Being devoured.

Drahts likes this.
  12. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    I haven’t been yet this season. I climbed up a couple ladder stands I have and cleaned them out and checked my ratchet straps other day. I usually don’t get started till mid October. Been bushhogging today until my generator on tractor locked up and bout burnt the belt off. Gonna get it rebuilt. 2 acres to go and I’m done hogging. Good luck to all.

13. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    6CCA1421-03AE-4B9C-889D-BFD6FCCA9ED9.jpeg Well sons hunt was wild. Wife fell asleep at the cabin so i went and got in the rolls of hay to watch my sons hunt from 400 yrds away. My phone was on 1 percent. Im sittin in the hay watchin the bucks feeding under him when i glass the east end of the woods and a doe popped out. And all of a sudden i saw a shooter standing in the woods behind her. So i try to text son and bam dead phone. The doe runs straight to him and he sends a arrow right through her. Iv had a few beers and this shat is awesome to watch when all of a sudden i see the buck tear out at a run toward sons tree. I said oh hell this keeps gettin better. I lose sight of the buck and eventually it gets too dark to see so i walk back to the cabin. Wife says cody shot a doe and while he was tellin me about it on the phone he said oh good lord momma im gonna have to call you back. The buck ran in on him and caught him on the phone lmao. As if this hunt cant get any wilder me and the wife go to pick him up and we pull out of the drive and head down the road and the doe he shot was laying on the yellow line in the most gory pool of blood you can imagine. He was in the field looking for blood when i hollered for him to come to the road lol. He said best and worst hunt he been on in a while. Sorry for the long post but dang we havin fun !!!!