9-29-18

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by BubEastKY, Sep 29, 2018.

1. BubEastKY

BubEastKY 6 pointer

Sep 16, 2016
    Anyone out? This is my first sit of the season, hoping for deer and not bear!

elkaholic likes this.
  2. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Yup, im looking for a doe rather than small bucks. Freezer is MT. I have a lot of respect for you guys trying to hunt amongst the bears, has to be frustrating. Then again, if they open up bear season i bet a lot of you fellas will be sporting bearskin pimp coats just because.

elkaholic, BubEastKY and xbokilla like this.
  3. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

I'm perched up in South Nelson. My son and his friend are out as well. Good luck to all. Feels awesome this morning! Just add deer!

4. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

Wind just switched 180 degrees.

5. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Up in Pulaski county. Checked my camera at this spot after I put out some corn and had a black bear on camera. My first ever. I hope he was just moving through. Needless to say I waited until I could see to come in this am!! Pucker factor was up slightly!!

6. ky_coal_miner

ky_coal_miner Spike

May 15, 2015
    Clay County Ky
    In a tree in clay co had to switch locations due to 2 bears coming in yesterday evening

7. docbuck

docbuck 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2014
    western ky
    Cool in Henderson county, nice day..headed to Lexington for game later. Wind is perfect behind barn. Signed papers to sell this paradise yesterday. 17 days to finish packing and move. I will miss this place, but focus on other two farms going forward. Been blessed to manage this land for last 13 years. Maybe I can get lucky in next couple weeks. Good luck everyone

8. model70

model70 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2011
    Western Ky
    Glad some of you are out, I was beginning to wonder why nobody was talking. I've been nursing a hip replacement for three weeks now and I'm up everyday between 4 and 5. This morning is one of the best I've seen for the year so far. Cool temps, moon up. Standing on the deck drinking coffee had me wishing I was up a tree anywhere! Good luck, be safe, and shoot straight.

rockhousehunter and BubEastKY like this.
  9. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Nothing but a little spike so far. Wind is shifty as all get out but damn it feels good to be in a tree this morning.

10. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Was out now not, wind completely wrong and opposite of forecast. Got plumbing work to do, out!

11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Good luck y’all. Checking in. I needed rest today! Hopefully will get out soon. Been waiting til Oct the last couple years but today and tomorrow look tempting. Still got a couple blinds and stand I wanna get up so my do that and check cams.

12. BubEastKY

BubEastKY 6 pointer

Sep 16, 2016
    I was hoping I wasn’t the only one hunting this morning. Had a smaller 8 come in and tempt me for over 20 minutes. Hard not to shoot considering I’ve only taken 1 deer with my bow...

13. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Im a mess today. Sinuses are jacked up, should have stayed at the house. I definitely wish i took some claratin or benadryl last night.

model70 likes this.
  14. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    First morning hunt and only my second hunt for the season. Seen 7 so far dispite the solunar activity app on my phone recomending to stay home today. Wind went from zero to a few mph and started blowing fog into the woods. Nice morning to be in a tree with stick and string

15. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Seen 3 fawns and a buck. Momma never came out of cover. Im going to have a hard time shooting a doe thats popping out triplets though.

Drahts likes this.