60s and 70s music lovers You have to see this!

M

mrdux

My wife and I sat down Sunday afternoon and watched probably the best music documentary I have ever seen. It is called "Muscle Shoals" and shows the music and artists that were made famous at the studios in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. I'm talking from Percy Sledge, Aretha, The Rolling Stones to Skynrd, the Allman Brothers, Bob Seeger, to Alicia Keys. Unreal history of a tiny place and its contribution to popular music for over 40 years. It was shown on Netflix.
http://www.magpictures.com/muscleshoals/

Last edited by a moderator:

BR1

8 pointer
Apr 8, 2012
I haven't seen that, but the wife an I went to the seventies show at the Badgett center in Grand rivers a couple weeks ago and we're going to the sixties show this weekend. I hope it is as good as the seventies show was. Of course we start it off with a meal at Patti's first.

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
If you liked that show, I would urge you to take a look at "Standing in the Shadows of Motown." This group of session musicians played on more number 1 hits than the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Beach Boys and Elvis....combined. This show is an outstanding documentary. Kentucky native Joan Osborne performs a rendition of an old Temptations song (What Becomes of the Broken Hearted) during the show.

mossyhorns

Cyber-Hunter
Dec 10, 2001
Murray, Kentucky, USA.
Saw the Muscle Shoals thing a few weeks back and was absolutely blown away! Who would have ever thought that a bunch of white boys down in north Alabama could provide the backing for such a wide range of artists? As one guy described it, those boys were "greasy." Never knew what the verse in Sweet Home Alabama about the "swampers" from Muscle Shoals meant until I saw this documentary.

Latest posts