4 dog day

Neck Banded Coot

6 pointer
Jan 4, 2006
Berea, KY
Had five bust in at once on 2nd set on first farm. They were making a bee line for the foxjack before I knew it. First dog rolled the caller and all heck broke loose. I dumped one and they scattered. Hit kiyi and had one come back bounding through the field like a kangaroo trying to see over the hill. Came back to within 60 yards, 2nd dog down. Switched to pup in distress and after 3-4 minutes had a third return. First triple for me. A partner or a shotgun and things would have gotten real interesting.
Headed to another farm and had this guy come under the fence I was sitting against at thirty yards. I could feel the fence vibrating as he crawled under. Decoy def kept the attention off me. Shot him at 50. These are the first four I have killed w the 53 gr vmax I reloaded. Three passed through and two ran for 40-50 after being center punched. May be the short range they were shot but the blitzkings I had been shooting were not exiting. They have not been running. I think I'm going back to the blitz's! That's 15 dogs since Nov 19th. Now that waterfowl is over, I'll be after em hard!

Neck Banded Coot

6 pointer
Jan 4, 2006
Berea, KY
Neck........I admire your Shooting Sticks. Who says you have to spend a lot of money to get the job done? :eagerness:

Ha!
i didn't think anyone would notice. I bought a pair of cheap Johnny Stewart from sportsmans and left em at work before I even got to use em....
i said heck w it and made my own! Tobacco stick ripped down the middle..1/4 ich bolt with a washer made from a penny in between the two sticks. They worked so well....I took the others back today. I can build you a custom set but man are they pricey!!!!
gettin ready to stain em as we speak.

patiodaddy

10 pointer
Sep 27, 2005
Behind the bushes......
Neck...I thought those looked like Tobacco sticks. Thanks for the offer on making me a Custom set but I think you have given me a thought for the 65 bundles of sticks I have out in the barn! lol

Latest posts