350 legend?

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by silentarcher, Aug 30, 2021.

1. silentarcher

silentarcher 6 pointer

Feb 27, 2013
    west ky
    I understand what everyone is saying for sure and it really is the same with new cartridges year after year. I guess what got me was such a big increase per box over night. Its like once they get a certain amount of interest and rifles out there for the new caliber then were going to raise the prices on ammo after touting on how cheap its going to be to shoot.lol Like a bait and switch! Anyway its all good though because I grabbed plenty of ammo for it while it was at the cheaper prices and I'm still glad its sitting on the shelves at various stores nearby in case I need more.
    Maybe we won't be faced with all of these high prices forever like it seems like we are. Once the panic buying stops or slows down and the warehouses start filling up with it the prices will start coming down. I think so anyway. Question is, when?

2. keeruss8

keeruss8 6 pointer

Jun 19, 2016
    Marrowbone
    South Central, the mighty shiawassee county. Byron to be exact lol

3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Academy sports, Etown, has three different hunting loads on the shelf. $28-$33.
    I haven't seen anything cheaper since last fall. Don't know where you saw cheaper ammo recently.

4. Michigander

Michigander 6 pointer

Dec 8, 2014
    Radcliff
    Originally from Flint here, heading to the UP for Grouse Thursday after work. Cant wait for that 11-hour drive LOL

5. Travis Thacker

Travis Thacker 6 pointer

Sep 1, 2018
    Corbin KY
    It won't ever get cheaper at big box stores like that again. Minor price changes maybe. Most of us were boycotting the big box places for a long time now. They only want your money but they don't want to support your 2nd Amendment right. Look at what Texas just did to one of the world's largest banking vampire companies and it will cost that particular banking business billions in coming years. They pushed to far and now people are pushing back including some states.
    It's a fortune alone to try and smelt Lead legally in the USA. The companies can't make a profit when they have been targeted by the elite and other communist states that don't respect the bill of rights.

6. silentarcher

silentarcher 6 pointer

Feb 27, 2013
    west ky
    1wildcat fan i was buying it at those cheap prices at my local wal mart and rural king recently. Maybe it was first production run stuff because the next stuff they got in the price jumped.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  7. bluegrassDan

bluegrassDan Spike

Dec 17, 2008
    Grew up in Saline, just outside Ann Arbor

8. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    RK in Elizabethtown had Winchester deer loads, maybe 10 boxes, $25.99, cheapest I've seen it.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  9. hoene

hoene 10 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    Walmart in florence has had them on the shelf for a month.

10. Travis Thacker

Travis Thacker 6 pointer

Sep 1, 2018
    Corbin KY
    I took a trip and checked the 4 nearest Wal-commie Mart stores in my area. Corbin store still no ammo at all other then pellet gun stuff. London Commie Mart had shot shell ammo and limited amount of hunting rifle ammo in common calibers. The other 2 stores I checked in Tenn. did not have any ammo other then pellet gun ammo.

11. Little FR

Little FR 6 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    Federal Premium has 350 Legend 180 GR non typical on their website for first time in over a year. $31 for 20. I bought 5 boxes. My moms AR is zeroed for it. My Win XPR shoots 180gr Winchester fortunately Walmart and RK are both fully stocked.

I’ve killed groundhogs at lasered 175yds this year. Love this cartridge. Hits steel hard at 300yds too. Cheaper than some of my cartridges and far more available.

12. silentarcher

silentarcher 6 pointer

Feb 27, 2013
    west ky
    Great info little FR. I finally got to shoot mine last week. Didn't get to shoot as much as I'd have liked since it was in the wind and rain. I was happy with it and the little savage rifle was easy to sight in. I only shot at 75 yards because of terrain and conditions. I sighted in with three fmj to make sure I was on paper then three winchester 180 grainers. Last two shots were almost one hole. I'm pretty sure it was luck but I'll take it.lol Anyway the trigger on this rifle is the lightest factory trigger I've ever owned. It's lighter than light. Sweet though. I'm gonna leave it where it is and hopefully get more trigger time on a prettier day. But so far I love the little cartridge and rifle. I hope the ammo stays around and prices eventually come back down to earth! I'll be wanting to shoot this one a whole lot!!

Little FR likes this.
  13. Little FR

Little FR 6 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    Awesome.
    With the 350 L scope reticle (that have drop built in) they call for 100yd zero.

On ones without drop reticle MPBR maximum point blank range is 175yds it will get you to about 220yds on deer.
    I zero at 150 though and it’s around 4” drop at 200.

I’ve owned 3. Kept two and worked on a friends Ruger. That thing was laying down 1.5” groups at 200. It was insane.

14. silentarcher

silentarcher 6 pointer

Feb 27, 2013
    west ky
    Thats great to know. Mine has the Bushnell 3-9x40 drop compensator scope on it. It seems a bit busier than my Burris droptine scopes. I may sight it in at 100 but who knows. I very seldom shoot over 100 any more and those lines in it seem awful close together. Almost seems easier going for MPBR off the main cross for hunting purposes anyway.

Little FR likes this.
  15. Little FR

Little FR 6 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    22468673-1E6D-4DCB-AEA7-DC6B904A1A73.jpeg 350 Legend. Federal 180gr sp. Never took a step. I’m a fan.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    bondhu, barney, Gooser and 1 other person like this.