350 Legend

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by BucksandFish, Dec 22, 2019.

1. BucksandFish

BucksandFish 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2012
    E-town
    Has anyone got any statistics on this caliber. I'm doing some research on this caliber and if I was buying today it would be this gun. I hear it's a little stronger than the 243 with less recoil. I need it because it's straight wall and I can use it in Ohio. But if the ballistics are right I can use it to start my son into rifle hunting. I know I can and have looked up the charts on it but I was wondering some of your personal experiences if anyone on here has bought 1. If Remington would come out with it I would have already bought 1. I have a Savage and don't mind at all to have another but just waiting to see what Remington does.

2. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    As I understand it, it's a decent round for deer in an AR platform, but there's better choices unless you are in a state that mandates straight walled cartridges for deer hunting. One thing I read, is for some unknown reason they didn't make the bullet diameter the same as all the other .35 caliber rifles in the world, and that makes reloading more complicated. The 350 Legend is just a bit smaller than most 35s, and most all bullets offered in that caliber would need resized.. I think that was a dumb move.

3. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    From what I've read about Winchester's .350 Legend is was developed for a AR platform, but is also available in bolt actions and I believe in single shot rifles. As to power it would make a good brush/woods cartridge, but would lacks the power of a .243. This particular reminds me of Winchester's old cartridge: .351 W.S.L, and is an update of this cartridge, only it is a rimless cartridge while the .351 was a semi-rimmed cartridge.

4. HCDH66

HCDH66 6 pointer

Apr 10, 2019
    Hardin County
    Based on what I have read, I think it would be a great cartridge for deer hunting 200 yards and under, which is most Kentucky deer hunting. I think it would also be a very good youth cartridge based on recoil levels. If I hunted Ohio, I would definitely get one. I also like the fact that is works in AR platforms and bold action.

5. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    It’s a pretty “trendy” caliber right now. Like someone else said, good for 200 and under which is fine. Check out the Ruger American in the Go Wild camo with the Cerakote finish. I was able to fondle one about a month ago and they are sweet.

BucksandFish likes this.
  6. Flash5150

Flash5150 Spike

Nov 30, 2006
    Good article about this round in the NRA magazine American Rifleman recently

davers likes this.