3 coyotes entered the field.......

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by PhilpotHunter, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Dev

Dev 10 pointer

What is your opinon on wounding an animal and it escaping?

2. P-NUT

P-NUT 6 pointer

Nov 25, 2005
    marshall co. ky.
    I say give it up dav. damn. PhilpotHunter done what any one else would have.He had three yotes killed one, likely killed the other, goshdang that's pretty dang good in my book! 2 out of three ain't bad!!!If they show up again PhilpotHunter give em a few more round's... BANG--BANG.:D

3. Dev

Dev 10 pointer

P-NUT,
    Phil did something that a hunter would not do. He let the animals get away wounded. I agree, kill as many coyotes as possible. But notice I said "kill", not wound. Who said he killed one? He didn't say that and I know from the last pages that he didn't go back to make sure. The count is 0-3. Neither animal was accounted for. If they show up again finish the job. Who knows maybe all three will be back? Good luck.

Oh...name is Dev.

4. Well I look at it this way , the man shot some Varmits, that are problems, maybe he did not hit them like some of you would but , he did it by choice, I know some of you have never shot at a deer that was not always the bestshot, C'MON tell the truth

5. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    Anyone ever been out opening day of gun season?!:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:
    Sounds like a High-Powered Pop Corn factory!

6. love the woods

love the woods 6 pointer

Oct 19, 2003
    bedford ky
    even though philpot's intentions were honorable, maybe(im sure at least one or two are taking dirt naps) his results were not perfect. who here is perfect? the problem here is too much negative criticism and second-guessing. nobody but phil knows all the details, so offer some suggestions to try to be helpful and friendly or keep your high and mighty perfect self out of it! simple. if you ain't got nothing good to say, shut the @#$% up! not that everyone has to agree but we should still be able to come on here and talk about the events of the day without fear of an attack. john's $.02

7. Deertracker1

Deertracker1 8 pointer

Nov 22, 2005
    Levis, Qc.
    Yes good job...Those yotes are dead...Pull the trigger...save a Turkey even better save a child. Kids walk your property ? you done the right thing...:)

8. PhilpotHunter

PhilpotHunter 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2004
    Reynolds Station
    Now you see Dev, I have to take that as a personal attack. Up until then it was just a disaggreement, now your saying I'm not a true hunter? What gives man? I know we had a difference of opinions before (actually I to would have shot the cat, you just got pissed because I suggested you use the search button) but now I can expect you to make comments like this? Give it up man.

My opinion on leaving wounded animals in the fields is I don't do it if possible, BUT as far as I'm concerned a coyote will be shot by me on site. I happen to live in a position that I can see them from great distances, and I have a point I won't shoot at them from. But I'm a firm believer of taking any shots within my distance I think I can land a hit on. 30-06 packs a pretty powerful punch.

You come out here, have a family, invite kids to play and fish and walk on your farm, and then allow a coyote to walk when you had a chance to take a shot, and then one day 3 or 4 of them in broad daylight jumps a kid, what type of person does that make you?

If you can't keep the crap attacks out of the thread you might as well stop posting, because I'm done with you.

Who would have ever thought suggesting to a newer member to use the search button so heated arguments wouldn't have to happen over and over again would have led to such a blatant enemy?:confused:

9. watermelon3308

watermelon3308 8 pointer

Nov 21, 2005
    some of these guys on here are trying to make you sound like such an unethical hunter.im sure that some of em on here me included have at one time or another made a bad shot on an animal and havnt found it.or assumed they missed it and didnt even go lookfor it.yes i agree you should have went an looked for the yotes you shot,but it was your decision not to and thats none of my buisness.my point is that just because someone makes a bad shot for whatever reason doesnt make them a cruel or unethical hunter.like i said in my first reply no animal deserves to suffer no matter what it is.we have all made mistakes or bad judgement one time or another.i think the ones on here who say they havnt need to think about it before they judge someone else.or maybe they are expert marksmen and have never missed.yeah right.

10. Dev

Dev 10 pointer

PhilpotHunter,
    I'm calling it quits. I'm sorry for offending you on numerous ocassions. I'm sorry for questioning your ethics. I was wrong for attacking you. From one man to another, "I'm Sorry."

To everyone else that replied or read the thread, I'm sorry for the smartass remarks and for turning this thread into what a lot of them turn into.

Please accept my apology.

11. PhilpotHunter

PhilpotHunter 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2004
    Reynolds Station
    all's well man. sometimes we all take ourselves to seriously on these internet forums (myself included)

I'm just glad at the end of the day we can all still go out and enjoy our sport without shooting at each other:D

12. WBBP

WBBP 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Philpot, good job on the yotes. Not sure that I agree killing a yote to save a cat though.............cat's are pretty bad themselves.

As far as the ethics of shooting one in the azz and going on to shoot the next. I don't see a problem here, besides at that distance, you probably couldn't make an accurate judgement where it was "really" hit.

Out in the real world, we don't really care about the feelings of varmits, only on this public forum would someone call this a problem. The next thing you know, someone will be questioning your ability as a hunter because you stepped on a spider or a grasshopper and didn't make a clean kill-be careful where you walk........

BTW, thanks for your service to our country.

K

13. PhilpotHunter

PhilpotHunter 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2004
    Reynolds Station
    We agree on this, just trying to use a "house pet" as an example to what coyotes do. Also didn't want to start the whole "cat" thread again, I can just here Art groaning already:D

14. Pooge

Pooge Cyber-Hunter

Oct 7, 2002
    Louisville, KY, USA.
    "besides at that distance, you probably couldn't make an accurate judgement where it was "really" hit."

Ole Philpot is a Devil Dog. I dont know too many Devil Dogs that couldnt make an accurate judgment as to the accuracy of a shot they made.... ;)

I dont have a problem with taking out the yotes. Obviously the biologists at the KDFWR think they are a problem or they wouldnt allow such a liberal season on them.

15. PhilpotHunter

PhilpotHunter 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2004
    Reynolds Station
    [​IMG]

Its that whole "hard to be humble when your perfect" thing they brainwash us with:D