.22 lr ammo

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by rcscott, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    And they WILL start buying all that stuff IF they can find it AFTER the SHTF.

The "horders" already stockpiled all that stuff too and are today setting pertty watching everybody else that did NOTHING run all over them selves trying to find and get what they need.

And once again who's going to get the blame for that?? The "horders".

The thing is OBAMA started all this. He said he was going to do everything in his power to push his gun control programs. THAT'S what started the whole thing. The thing is we ALL KNEW it was coming, several of us said so in 2008 but we were laughed at.

2. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    So when was the cut off date to be considered a hoarder? And didn't the hoarders have to start their hoarding of ammo somewhere?

Or so we're clear, what's your definition of a "hoarder"?

3. Justsaying

Justsaying 8 pointer

Jun 22, 2012
    NOYB
    Hello, I am Justsaying and I am a hoarder. I started years ago. A box here, a case there, and now I can't meet my hoardering addiction with a single box of 50 count .22 LR. I go to Walmart, Dick's and Gander Mountain just wonder the aisle looking for something to buy. I have more than enough but I still want to be part of the action. I want to be a part of the excitment of rushing the counter at the nearest firearm dealer hoping for the chance to buy a box of .223 for a dollar a bullet or a AR mag for $60 that just two months ago cost $8. Unfortunately, common sense prevents me from particpating in these actions but, for those who know me I can't help but say "I told you this day would come". Now excuse me while I go count my bullets and inventory my rations.

4. robert

robert Fawn

Jan 24, 2009
    eastern ky
    just what are you going to do with all of them bullets

5. Obviously you havent watched The Walking Dead, crossbows and swords are the "quiet" weapons of choice.

6. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    X-bows and arrows are quite a bit more expensive than .22 are and do much more damage to small game meat as well ;)

And then there are the anti X-bow folks who would drop a dime and say he/she is out Zombie hunting during archery season WITH A CROSSBOW! :D

7. Justsaying

Justsaying 8 pointer

Jun 22, 2012
    NOYB
    Only because they don't have bullets. If they had enough bullets they wouldn't worry about being quiet, they would welcome the oportunity to make it rain.

8. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I am a hoarder, been one for years.

I didn't see you blaming me and other hoaders all that time until AFTER all the stores ran out of ammo and have not been able to get any.

When I was ordering 1,000 rounds at a time online several times a year you did not complan. I know several people that also ordered way more than I did and still you did not complain.

It was only AFTER Obama started his war on the Second Amendment that you all started to see the ammo fly off the shelfs and you all started to complain.

Since the shooting I have bought one single brick of 500 rounds of 22 ammo only because I didn't have that brand and I was at the store for my next door neighbor because he had to work that day. And I bought 8 boxes of 45 auto because I got a new toy. Now tell us the truth, does that one brick and 8 boxes of 45's over the last 2 months make me a hoarder???

No, what made me a hoarder was all the ammo I bought BEFORE Obama went on the war path. Just like all the other hoarders I've been setting back and watching all the others that didn't buy the ammo while they could run all over the place trying to buy everything in sight. The true hoarders are not going to pay those high prices, we bought up the ammo while they were on SALE for years.

What you all are doing here is blaming the ones that saw this coming one day and they got ready while they could at CHEAP PRICES, like 3 boxes of Federal 22 lr 525 pack at $69.00 and a free dry storage box. Remember them? Buy 5-6 of those $69.00 deals at a time two or three times a year and that's hoardering. Crap, some of you guys sound just like liberals. When things turn out like some said it would one day you all start blaming someone else and want them to pay for it by NOT buying any more ammo. The thing is we are NOT buying anything at these prices.

It's not the hoarders that's buying anything, it's the other guys that didn't buy while they could that's running around falling all over each other trying to buy up everything and anything they can whie they still can.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  9. Dubya Gee

Dubya Gee 8 pointer

Apr 10, 2012
    Snow, KY
    This is exactly right. I always kept "plenty" of ammo around, but not nearly to the extent that I should have been given the current state of affairs. That is no one's fault but my own. I'm just not shooting much right now because the 2k or so rounds I have right now just can't be replaced, and I'm not paying ridiculous prices just to restock. I'll ride it out and when things finally get back to normal, I'll make sure I'm never in this situation again.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

10. B Hicks

B Hicks 12 pointer

Sep 29, 2006
    Lancaster, KY
    I was almost out and broke down and paid 45 for z brick of 325 federal match grade today. If anybody wants 1/2 of em and split the cost let me know.

11. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Well, first, why would anyone need to blame hoarders for lack of ammo when ammo wasn't lacking back then? And second, its the people who began hoarding it when they realized there may be issues with getting any that has caused the current shortage. It doesn't matter if someone has 20 rounds or 20,000 rounds, when they buy all they can like your friend you keep describing, that's hoarding.

12. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
  13. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

14. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

Thank you, you just proved my POINT.

The hoarders are NOT the ones BUYING now, the HOARDERS ALREADY have a SUPPLY and have it STORED UP often hhidden away.

Once again, the HOARDS are NOT buying anything. We bought ours BEFORE while it was CHEAP.

You DID blame hoarders only AFTER Obama started on the warpath. You never said anything about it BEFORE.

The ones buying it all up now are the ones that did NOT hoard BEFORE. Now they are trying to catch up because they didn't have anything.

This is just a small picture of what will happen if the US dollar falls or something happens to the food. The hoarders will once again set back and watch all the others fall over themselves trying to buy as many $100 loafs of bread as they can and once again the ones that didn't get ready will be blaming the hoarders.

Just like the liberals blame the business owners for their problems and want the rich to pay for their"free" stuff. The ones that do not try to get ready will do the same to the ones that did.

15. wcpickens

wcpickens 6 pointer

Dec 30, 2003
    Grand Rivers

I'm with you Wildcat, I've been buying ammo for years. I have plenty, so I still shoot as much as I always have and don't worry about it. Hoarders buy things, ammo for example, just to have it with no intended use. Those of us that have bought ammo and keep a fair amount on hand, would probably be called Preppers.

FYI- Tuesday, Whitakers had a pallet full of 1000 rd. cases of 223 for $399.99 Now I know that's higher than it was 3-4 months ago, but where are you going to find it cheaper right now? I've already seen one case of it on VCI for $799. Someone wants to double their money. But if they can find someone willing to pay it, I have no problem with it at all! Now everyone call me what ever you like, Hoarder, Prepper, or what ever, but I'm still burning gun power whenever I want.