21/22 Super Thread

hunt-4-life21

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2007
Butler Co.
In Manitoba, Canola had begun to regenerate from the early harvest when they finally got some rain. Some fields it was 6" high and all leafed out again and in some places blooming again. Good for the deer and moose for sure.
Do you think it'll have time to regrow any grain? It looks like cooler weather is to come this week. One would think frost would kill that bloom.

HeadedWest

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2016
He’s probably referring to the browse as the benefit…

Saw some new birds this past weekend.

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Do you think it'll have time to regrow any grain? It looks like cooler weather is to come this week. One would think frost would kill that bloom.

No, it'll feed some deer. Ducks n Geese n Cranes may feed off it a bit but for most part it's only waste grain to feed on in fields. And with the warm weather they've had there is still a lot of birds around there. Buddy said there are still tons of big canadas and tons of ducks around.

bigpuddin43

12 pointer
Feb 21, 2007
bucktown
I can second that on waste grain just got back yesterday from north dakota and there were corn and beans on the ground everywhere. birds still had not left canada birds where we were was stale as hell. most mallards wouldnt tip a wing at any call or even give the decoys a look. would have been a tough week if not for wigeon and gadwall. we killed gaddys pintails gwt wigeon mallards shoveler. cold doesnt move birds much its the snow we need to cover the food up in the fields. talking to the locals up there most dont go till it gets good in November anymore. if birds arent leaving canada till november it doesnt give us much hope till at least january or never.

Brsutton86

12 pointer
Sep 19, 2009
Harrodsburg, KY
Been on several treatments over the last 3 months. They got her eye swelling to go down but can't get the haze to go away. Some kind of infection that my vet saw a couple dogs a day with for a month. She already had cataracts in the other eye starting. That pupil stays dilated to see around it. Now I'm told she'll probably be pretty much blind by next season so enjoy this one. Bring on the ducks and some good hunts. 8 seasons isn't enough but I'm going to make this one count for sure.
PicsArt_11-01-08.43.40.jpg

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
Been on several treatments over the last 3 months. They got her eye swelling to go down but can't get the haze to go away. Some kind of infection that my vet saw a couple dogs a day with for a month. She already had cataracts in the other eye starting. That pupil stays dilated to see around it. Now I'm told she'll probably be pretty much blind by next season so enjoy this one. Bring on the ducks and some good hunts. 8 seasons isn't enough but I'm going to make this one count for sure. View attachment 93686
Give her some Vitamin A. That may help with the cloudiness in her eye

HeadedWest

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2016
Been on several treatments over the last 3 months. They got her eye swelling to go down but can't get the haze to go away. Some kind of infection that my vet saw a couple dogs a day with for a month. She already had cataracts in the other eye starting. That pupil stays dilated to see around it. Now I'm told she'll probably be pretty much blind by next season so enjoy this one. Bring on the ducks and some good hunts. 8 seasons isn't enough but I'm going to make this one count for sure. View attachment 93686

Makes me feel old to watch pups get old and gray. Hope y’all have your best season yet.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Overview and Graphics

"October 2021 Climate Review: The month of October started off warm and wet as the approach of a cold front brought showers and thunderstorms to much of the area. During the first five days of the month, Poplar Bluff picked up nearly 5 inches of rainfall, which was over half of the 9 inches they received for the entire month! That 9 inch total goes down as the 4th wettest October on record at Poplar Bluff. Things dried out and warmed up during the second weekend of October, as high temperatures surged into upper 80s across most of the area. In fact, Cape Girardeau tied a daily record high on the 10th, the same day that Cape Girardeau set and Paducah tied record daily warm lows. The unseasonably warm weather persisted into the middle of October as Paducah, Cape Girardeau, Poplar Bluff, and Carbondale all either set or tied their record daily warm lows on the 14th. Temperatures during this spell were 10 to as much as 20 degrees above normal. The passage of a cold front on the 15th not only brought showers and thunderstorms to the region, but also led to much cooler temperatures more akin to autumn. But up to that point, all five climate stations had logged their warmest first half of October on record.

Heading into the latter half of the month, a large dome of high pressure brought a prolonged period of dry and seasonably cool weather from October 15-22. In fact, all five climate stations measured absolutely no precipitation over that week long period. But that dry spell would soon come to an end as a dynamic low pressure system tracked from the Central Plains into the Ohio Valley on the 24th, dragging a strong cold front into the region late that weekend. The combination of strong instability and shear with the front’s approach resulted in the development of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes across portions of Missouri and southwest Illinois. The strongest tornado, an EF-3, tore through Fredericktown, MO, and continued to produce EF-1 and EF-2 damage into western Perry County MO before lifting. Two more EF-1 tornadoes touched down that evening within our area, affecting portions of Perry, Wayne, and Bollinger Counties in southeast Missouri. The rest of the region saw a period or two of heavy rainfall, and both Poplar Bluff and Carbondale set a record daily rainfall on the 24th. A slow moving low pressure system brought an abundance of clouds and damp weather to the region during the last week of the month, while seasonably cool conditions continued into Halloween. In its entirety, October 2021 would end up landing in the top 10 warmest Octobers at all climate stations.

The graphic below is an interpolated rainfall map using actual observations. Please note that there are likely discrepancies in between observations, since the values are estimated based on nearest reports."

Oct4.PNG

September 2021 Review: Precipitation and Temperature Maps (Click on image to enlarge)
Oct3.PNG

https://www.weather.gov/pah/October2021ClimateSummary

Brsutton86

12 pointer
Sep 19, 2009
Harrodsburg, KY
Any of yall wore down pants under your waders? Just wondering if they'll hold up. My waders are not insulated trying to eliminate a layer or 2 using down.

Bowfinger

10 pointer
Nov 3, 2015
In a Concrete Submarine
Any of yall wore down pants under your waders? Just wondering if they'll hold up. My waders are not insulated trying to eliminate a layer or 2 using down.
C6B03656-B98C-4A01-8E2F-825BE8B363E9.png

Been wearing these the past 2 years. Exact same paint as the high dollar UA/Drake/etc minus camo and foot stirrups. Anything below 30* I slip a pair of cheap long jons on under. Love em.

Brsutton86

12 pointer
Sep 19, 2009
Harrodsburg, KY
Yeah my waterproof fleece line drake was not waterproof and they were tight in the crotch and thighs especially for a skinny man at that. I've got a good thick first lite merino base layer. Just needed pants, I'll try them there fancy khakis.

Latest posts