207 class deer down in Shelby County ?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Bob Baldwin, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Bob Baldwin

Bob Baldwin Spike

Dec 1, 2013
    I have heard reports but NOT SEEN nor confirmed that a 207 class deer was down in Shelby county , Called KY F & G but was told they don.t keep those type of records . Two people said it was thought it was a Road Kill

On the piece we hunt I have seen which latter turned out to be a 193 class deer taken on an ajacent farm legal kill during the rut I guess when I had seen it it was just passing through our area at the time No shot oppurtunity I did go down and take a look at that deer when he got it back from the Taxidermist / Quite an Impressive deer .

On the 207 class deer it was also mentioned to have had double drop tines . about 6-7 years ago we had the same type of deer on our place but again the brief glimpes we had no shot possible . Ironically one day as we were going back to the car to warm up some lunch we see the game warden pull in behind us . So we unload the guns put them away and the warden checks our License and written Permission slips All goes well and the warden says " YOU MIGHT WANT TO GETB YOUR GUNS BACK OUT "

2. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    Shelby has killed some monsters the last 10 years or so and the state record 8 as well.

3. Bob Baldwin

Bob Baldwin Spike

Dec 1, 2013

4. Bob Baldwin

Bob Baldwin Spike

Dec 1, 2013
    Just curious WHERE you could find any list of Shelby county Specific list of biggest deer ?

5. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    I have pics of a giant main frame 10 with 2 big drop tines on the left beam that was supposedly a road kill in Shelby. Not sure if he's 200, but at least 170" plus (my guess).

6. Bob Baldwin

Bob Baldwin Spike

Dec 1, 2013

7. Bob Baldwin

Bob Baldwin Spike

Dec 1, 2013
    The one we had been chasing had 1 drop tine on each side each about 7-8 inches on each side . From my understanding from both B&C and P&Y all droptines must be scored as Non -Typicals

8. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

I seen a huge buck in Shelby Co about 17 years ago. No idea on score although he had at least 12 windows!

9. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    It probably came from Buckfevers place an was chased off by coon hunters:D

cobbhunts likes this.
  10. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    The largest deer in KY are in Shelby County. I know a lawyer that lives there that sees 208 and 215 inch deer almost every time he hunts and gives those another year.

KYBOY and cobbhunts like this.
  11. Bob Baldwin

Bob Baldwin Spike

Dec 1, 2013
    Does anyone know where a specific list of deer over 200 inches can be found that came out of Shelby county ?

12. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

I would contact @hollandhunter best of my memory he is in the area.

13. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    Yep, I've been chasing that 207" class buck too. I got several pictures of him, but he's a wily, escarpment mature and only comes by at night.

[​IMG]

Feedman and cedar ridge like this.
  14. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.

My suggestion would be to message buckfever and ask him. Most people don't know it, but he keeps a database going back YEARS on Shelby County class specific deer. The only thing you'll have to keep in mind is that you'll have to be VERY specific about the exact class of deer that you need the information on. If your 207 class deer is actually in the 203 class, it could take him weeks, if not months to sort out the error. The class ranges he has may even be separated down into the 1/8th inch class for more common classes like 202 class, 204 class, and 210 class. If your class deer is truly 207 class then you've gotten very lucky, as he's likely to have that class ready to share pretty quickly. If he doesn't respond immediately, don't give up! He's a little hard of hearing and drinks during the day some. Just keep messaging him. If he acts like he doesn't know what you're talking about, KEEP AFTER HIM. He'll eventually give up the goods on the class you're looking for! Good luck, handsome!

15. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    Well, that's embarrassing... That should have been a pm... ^^^