2022 bee thread.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
I have a little swarm in a wild cherry behind my house right now but I can do nothing to catch them. They have landed over 45 ft up.
We put two 20 ft pieces of 2 inch water line together and we tried to shake the limb and have them fall down. But some fell and they went right back on the limb. To high up to reach. Need a bucket truck.
Caught a swarm yesterday in this cedar tree , I caught two in that same tree last year.
9whyupA.png

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
I feel your pain. I got three in my yard right now. Same deal all the way in top of big trees. All I can do is look at them. I threw two traps up but chances are slim.
The one high up came down into a pear tree about 30 feet from where they were at but still too high to reach. Took two days for them to move .
To the right of the pear tree is two apple trees and I had a small hive there for some reason they had died out in late spring.
I had two more boxes sitting there trying to catch a swarm.
Those bees finally decided to come down and they moved into the box that had the old hive to die out..

At the same time my son had some old boxes piled in front of my barn and a nuc box was sitting on top. I noticed a large bunch flying like a swarm around those old hives . I first thought they were robbing the old boxes. I checked those boxes late last night and the nuc box was full with a big swarm inside and a couple handfuls all on the front outside.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Another swarm today that landed almost the same spot in my pear tree as the one did yesterday.
Maybe they will take my offer of a new home and land in a nuc box.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
It is funny how they choose where they want to live. This is the pile in front of my barn and a swarm chose a old box when we have swarm boxes out
Lot of bees moving lately , My son said it could be because of the Eclipse we had on May 15.
VazCT5k.jpg

Latest posts