2021 Morel season

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Recurve77, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Just more useless rambling that has nothing whatsoever to do with morels or this thread

2. Recurve77

Recurve77 10 pointer

Aug 7, 2012
    Picked another 28 in Hart today. The majority were dry enough that when I tossed them in the mess bag I could hear just how dry they were. A bowl of water will rejuvenate them. Also another set of twins. 09BD7B50-397A-48AD-8388-A94611B5F50A.jpeg 3933EC28-AEAB-420F-89DC-11BCA3DD3114.jpeg

3. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    After the ran thurs and sat should be a fungus explosion lol

Recurve77 and Nock like this.
  4. Brody

Brody 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
    Hope your right!

5. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    20210407_145958_copy_1104x1472_copy_883x1178.jpg got the cast off today. 4 weeks with a brace contraption b4 PT. Got the green light so I'm hitting the woods asap

barney, bondhu, redjackson and 10 others like this.
  6. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    We got a good one here today.

7. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Shrooms popping at the same time as any in which you or others seek are good for you to know and be capable of properly identifying; especially when they happen to like some of the same habitat, but even more so the same substrates. It is the same with plants, of course. All will make a better hunter out of you, regardless of what you hunt (shrooms, flowers, critters, water source... ). That's my logic, and tis often better than that of peasants. :)

Looks less than appealing, almost as if your surgeon were drunk and incapable of cutting a straight line, lol. :D

I'm sure you're quite pleased to be free of your cast. Follow your doctor's orders to the fullest, no matter how agitating nor trivial they may seem, as well as those of PT once all begins. Managed a Depo-Medrol compounded with Lidocaine injection for colonel's arm the afternoon before yesterday and patiently awaiting a more focused x-ray now, simply in order to provide him with more relief and double-check the ER diagnosis of no break nor fracture. He should be feeling better with increased range of motion soon, for it all.

Twas hydroplaining in all on the roadways at only 45mph a few hours after your post, and it was still coming down with gusts at around 35mph. Blew some of my new flowers off the deck railing. We recorded 0.80 thus far, with more in route.

High today of only 67°F but jumping back to 81°F Friday. I never had time to pick more shrooms but noticed yet another new cluster had formed before the rains. All are within 5" of that pretty, sectioned out hardwood trunk.

I did carefully check for morels beneath my apple trees, before mowing near them yesterday and spotted no shrooms. I refrained from cutting all of the beautiful purple wild violets directly below them. I like that plant you last posted and wonder what it happens to be.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  8. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge

9. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    You should try it again. That's an interestingly painful looking pin you are now affixed to, indeed. These spring rains and drops in barometric pressure are likely to agitate it. Ice/heat and Ibuprofen should probably become your new friend, if your doc approves both.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  10. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Why u putting words In my mouth lady?:confused:. FYI I only had a weeks worth of pain meds, strictly big mo's now. I have a cooler which circulates ice water thru a apparatus that goes around the elbow. Oh I know all about weather changes and how they make shit stiffen up and ache.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  11. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Idk if we're gonna get anything outta this front or not. So far it's just been a dry drizzle lol

mudhole crossing likes this.
  12. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Around 6 or so looking good unless it fizzles out

13. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    I hit the outside of my right ankle with some serious force yesterday, soon after excitedly spotting my first hummer at the feeder. In my rush to place my new flowers up on the rail for his cute little self ,the pointed end of my heavy wicker rocking chair was jabbed into my angle, dead center, and I almost fell down over the back of the chair.

I have slight skin tears upon each foot now, for it all, and water buildup in that one ankle. I immediately knew it was going to be bad, being that the pain was initially an 8 or 9 of 10; so, once I could hobble into the kitchen for ice, I did so. I then spent the entire afternoon atop the riding lawn mower, mowing the property before all of the rain, which kept me from walking upon my feet and making all worse.

After becoming upset over my deceased Eurasion collared dove, I decided it best to drive into town and hang out with my friend, after he closed his restaurant. I immediately discovered that I should have left the ice pack on much longer. He made one for me with ice from his fountain machine. I've remained off of it all day and should have already iced it again. Soon to do so and take some Ibuprofen. Meanwhile, colonel's shoulder x-ray confirmed no break nor fracture, and he is no longer complaining of pain.

14. James Scott White

James Scott White 6 pointer

Oct 17, 2020
    Rowan County
    Excuse my “noobness’- this is my first year hunting shrooms. I often see them during turkey season I just never had an interest til this year. I got out and looked an hour and a half this afternoon and didn’t find anything. Am I too early? Where should I be looking? I need some tips. Thanks.

15. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    The folks here are professionals.......you are not too early. As for getting skunked, welcome to my world !!

James Scott White likes this.