2020 WIldflower Slideshow

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Hoosier Sasquatch, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Hoosier Sasquatch

Hoosier Sasquatch 6 pointer

Sep 11, 2017
    Madison, Indiana
    I put a lot of time (and fun ) into these photos. The Spring wildflower season is coming to a close but a few of these are likely still blooming or at least visible in Kentucky. ( I'm practically in Kentucky; most photos taken near Madison ). Some of y'all have enjoyed these efforts in the past, so here you go. Enjoy, and good luck in the turkey woods.

timer, thunderstorm, Carl and 6 others like this.
  2. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Pretty cool, Hoosier Sasquatch. Thanks for posting.

Hoosier Sasquatch likes this.
  3. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Thank you, that was great and nice music selection. The Nodding Trillium is my favorite, while the Virginia Bluebells and Blue-eyed Mary both took close second, but I loved all of them. Looking forward to the next video!

4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Well, i was just wondering about a few of those that are growing on my property. Thank you for posting. My daughter is going to love it as well! I have a bunch of dwarf larkspur, toadshade trillium, and saw some blue eyed mary as well.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  5. Hoosier Sasquatch

Sep 11, 2017
    Madison, Indiana
    I'm glad you liked it! I might have another good one here in a while. Just took my boy out and we found two mushrooms. I had just turned on the camera to say something profound when Creed shouts " A mushroom!" while waving the toy gun he brought. :D I hope my kids remember these times like I remember my dad taking me out.

Carl, Recurve77, Brody and 1 other person like this.
  6. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Very cool HS! Thanks. I've seen some of them turkey hunting but didn't know what they were. Do they transplant well do you know?

7. Hoosier Sasquatch

Sep 11, 2017
    Madison, Indiana
    I have had luck transplanting Bloodroot, twinleaf, and trilliums. I bombed on larkspur, and though I had some foliage from dutchman's breeches, no blooms. So far it seems like the "leafier" things moved better, though in truth I haven't did enough of it to know for sure. Thank you for watching and good hunting. Hope you nail a "limbhanger."

8. redjackson

redjackson 8 pointer

Dec 4, 2010
    Barren County
    I really enjoyed it. I took this one a couple weeks back and was curious what it was. Thank you sir for the answer. EBF048AF-2959-4E0D-B2B1-C6E7DCEF0041.jpeg

9. Hoosier Sasquatch

Sep 11, 2017
    Madison, Indiana
    One of my favorites!

10. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Well made the mistake of showing your video to the wife. She says "Do we have any of them on the farm?" yes dear. So we spent a couple hours this afternoon after spraying some fields, we went and hunted some wildflowers to dig up and transplant to the house. So we got a good bit of iris, some fire pink, some daffodils from the barn lot, and a fern that has a black stem about a foot long before the leaves start. Anyhow she was happy. Hopefully they live. We fished Yatesville 2 years ago (day the motor blew on the way back to the ramp 2 miles) and that day she wanted a chunk of a water iris. The only thing I had to work with was a boat paddle. Took me forever to get a chunk broke off. It's still growing strong though.

11. thunderstorm

thunderstorm 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2001
    Great video. Thanks.

12. Hoosier Sasquatch

Sep 11, 2017
    Madison, Indiana
    That's great!

13. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    When I had help on the property Saturday, they mowed over some of my wildflowers. When I let them know that I had been intentionally permitting them to grow, they became amused, claiming that they were only weeds. They really wanted to mow over them, badly, particularly due to their random placement throughout the more manicured section, but I wouldn't permit it. I even staked off a section with twine and rebar, for it all, being that I had noticed many tiny hollyhocks having naturalized from their bed into the lawn, which I intend to transplant. I have forgotten the old term my father always used, when plants naturalize like that, spread by birds, wind, foot traffic, lawn equipment, etc., but it may come to me after awhile.

14. clovis67

clovis67 6 pointer

Aug 16, 2008
    Awesome Video and Awesome Tunes HS! Very nicely done and reminded me of Saturday afternoons watching the Ky Afield Show.I really enjoyed the identification of these wildflowers. I have seen several in my own jaunts in the woods of Ky and especially enjoy seeing the bluebells each spring growing along a local creek bottom. I think my favorite is that Jack in the Pulpit...but really like em all.
    We have an area here locally that’s a limestone outcropping/bluff and this area has lots of wildflowers and even cactus.

15. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    Excellent video! I too had the wife "come look" and she really enjoyed it too.

Who is the picker? The music reminds me of the old Kentucky Afield music.

Thanks for posting.