2020 mathews

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by hollandhunter, Nov 15, 2019.

1. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    Whats everyone think about the new 2020 lineup? The newest bow i have owned was the creed xs. Currenty just have my ols z7 and thinking about upgrading. Went to buy one the other day. The day they came out but the dealer didnt have the one i wanted in the combo i wanted. Wonder why mathews got away from the solo cams? How do the new double cam bows compare to the older line up. Specs arent crazy better if at all. I will shoot the new ones before i buy but just wondering what everyone on here thinks. If i shoot the new one and like it i will buy the zxr 28.
    I use to buy a new mathews every year but they seemed to hit a wall and i was just wasting money. So wondering since the switch to double cams and changed everything up from the riser up if they have gotten better or are the still the same or worse?
    One of the main reasons i always shot mathews was because the solo cam bows were so smooth compared to the double cams other brands had to offer. Plus quality was always there and they have the bedt resale when you wanna sell or trade.

2. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    I hope they're good enough I can find a steal on a Triax

xbokilla and hollandhunter like this.
  3. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Me, I’m going to go the other direction. I’m going to upgrade my SBXT and hunt! Sure these new ones may be faster, but the SBXT is just what a hunting bow is supposed to be. Don’t blame you for wanting a new one at all though.

richief likes this.
  4. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    I still have my legacy and a switch back xt i got used years later, and like you i upgraded a bit, went to single pin mbg pure driven 75 sight, ultra rest, and newish mathews quiver. I prob wont buy a new bowunless both these get broken or new bows make a major technological breakthrough.

RLWEBB likes this.
  5. mac0492

mac0492 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    I shoot a Halon 5” from 2016. Bought a Triax last year but couldn’t group near as good with it as I can with my Halon. I do miss my Z7 Xtreme though. I say find one you can shoot well and hang on to it.

RLWEBB likes this.
  6. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Let me know when you sell that Triax...;):D

7. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Exactly. I am tempted to get a “new to me” No Cam HTR. I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews and comments about that bow. If I got serious about it I’m sure I could find one on AT or eBay. I’ve killed deer, turkeys, and elk with the XT. So I guess it was never broke but I decided to fix it and bought a new Creed as a grad school graduation present to myself. Love the XT.

mac0492 likes this.
  8. mac0492

mac0492 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    I actually sold it to a friend about a month ago...

9. XBolt22

XBolt22 Fawn

Oct 15, 2010
    I am really liking the look of the VXR, especially in the new Ambush Green. I am still shooting the Outback I bought back in 2002 or 2003 so I think I am due for an upgrade.

10. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    I shot vxr 28 and a 31.5 tonite. Very smooth bow. I currently own and have owned Bowtech for the last 8 years. I am currently looking for a Mathews now. I would buy the vxr but the 979$ price tag and 1079$ price tag are a bit high for me right now. I will be selling my realm to help fund my purchase. May even go with a vertix. Archery talk had a few vertix for decent prices.

11. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    I have been a PSE man since they came out, but like the looks of the new VXR, not looking to buy a new bow at the moment , but I might actually look at the VXR if I was, $999 retail for a bare bow is steep, but most companies flagship bows are going for that and more.

Junglekat likes this.
  12. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Don’t do it! You’ll just be wanting their 2021 this time next year. Still got a Switchback and a Monster 7.0 that look like they came off the shelf.

13. hoene

hoene 6 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    I still shoot a switchback.

xbokilla likes this.
  14. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Great bow, still! If I had to sell either one of mine, I’d sale the Monster and keep the Switchback.

15. Still got switchback xt,If I do get a new one ,xt goes nowhere.Bows have come and left,xt stays

RLWEBB likes this.