2020 Bragging Board

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Tman6493, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    I got a few stories from pond fishing back in my young n dumb days when we knew good n well they didn't let anyone fish but the temptation got us lol. Them ol folks are gone now and times have sure changed. That ol lady could flat sprinkle yer hide with bird shot I assume from the amount of pellets raining down on us lol. I'd just have to roll over and take it these days because I can't run that fast haha caught some nice ones the nights we didn't get caught:D Heck we never did keep any, if we wanted some to eat we'd go to mill creek and catch trout. Good times

drakeshooter likes this.
  2. We always released them right back into the pond. You’d only get to catch one or two cause it was dead quiet and the pond was 20 yards from the house next to bait shop and it was full of lunkers that made a hella splash.

CRFmxracer, RLWEBB and Munson like this.
  3. Tman6493

Tman6493 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2013
    Louisville
    Quick story about old ponds. My family has always had a pond on property here in louisville. And sense the early 2000s occasionally I bring back bass over 5 pounds and stock in it. I caught some kids trespassing on a trail camera once with their school baseball shirt on. So one day I see them going through the woods up the hill and crouching down back behind the hill to get to the pond.

I knew the baseball coach so I gave him a call and gave a police officer who lived a few doors down a call. I grabbed a pole and popped up beside them and could tell they were surprised to see me. So I played it out like I lived near by and was doing the same thing they were. And in my head I thought if they were cool I would let them have permission but wanted to see what kind of kids they were. So after talking to them they thought they had me convinced they had permission to be fishing my pond from a land owner. And to me sense they lied that earned a lesson.

So after texting the cop friend the situation and the baseball coach the cop popped over the hill in uniform, and played as I had reported them trespassing and was asking what I’d like to do so I told them I’d be ok if we only told the baseball coach what they had done so we called him and he was scolding them.

then finally I told them that I honestly didn’t care if they fished that the baseball coach was my cousin and the cop was a buddy and none of it was real I just wanted them to knock on the door first to make sure I wasn’t deer hunting they calmed down (one of them may have cried) all I asked was them to knock on the door and they could go fish all they wanted but they never came back. What they did was harmless but still anyone on here who would say fishing old farm ponds isn’t a big deal would also complain if a stranger walked under their tree stand. Trespassing is still wrong.

dirtstalker, gicts and kyoutdoorsman like this.
  4. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Done my trashpassin under the cover of darkness lol. Different world now

drakeshooter and kyoutdoorsman like this.
  5. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    May I fish you pond tman

bgkyarcher likes this.
  6. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Beat me to it. Lol

kyoutdoorsman likes this.
  7. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    I had to do it since he said all you had to do is knock on door.

8. Tman6493

Tman6493 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2013
    Louisville
    Absolutely.
    Absolutely. It’s starting to fill in tho. Won’t be around for my kids to fish when that time comes

kyoutdoorsman likes this.
  9. Tman6493

Tman6493 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2013
    Louisville
    Went to hatchery for the first time Saturday. Had a blast. Prolly caught around 15 small ones. Had a giant on and my nymph hook actually broke in half. Definitely fun having a new hobby fly fishing.

now it’s prep time. Heading to kentucky lake for a club tournament this weekend.

CRFmxracer and kyoutdoorsman like this.
  10. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Murray bait pond? Is that the little pond behind the bait shop at the turnoff to wildcat? You ever fish any of the reservoirs near almo?

11. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    CDBF911A-19E8-4821-8108-469A63ABD422.jpeg 70CF9C6E-C2BC-4794-BA0D-FF9101EC7AB1.jpeg Couple chunks from ky lake this weekend

12. Yes used to be some huge bass in that pond.

I’m not sure what you mean by “reservoirs”, there are several watersheds on the northwest part of the county around the Kirksey area where I grew up. I’ve fished all those but they’re all privately owned nowadays.

CRFmxracer likes this.
  13. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Yes watersheds is what I meant. I had a friend who owned a house at the one on Tucker garland and we caught dozens of 7s-9s out of there, the biggest bass I’ve ever caught came out of there in spring 2016. He sold his place a year or so ago though. Another friend just bought a cabin on the watershed off old soldier creek road and I’m excited to see what’s in it

14. I grew up a couple miles from BOTH watersheds off soldier creek and fished them from 70s to 00s. Not much last 10 years they came under private ownership.