2018 hunting season date change

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Monster01, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Monster01

Monster01 8 pointer

Dec 9, 2013
    Good info guys I appreciate the help.
    Occasianally where there's smoke there's fire and this seriously scared me that deer hunting would be even harder to do legally than it already is in ehd stricken county's .
    My Sunday school teacher told me this and said it came from a good source.

rockhousehunter likes this.
  2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    lmao. you win the internet for today.

hossamassey and wademup like this.
  3. katlynn

katlynn 6 pointer

Sep 20, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I just glanced at the Kentucky Afield wall calendar that I received a few days ago. The deer seasons seem to be the same. Again, it was a quick glance and I didn't check all of them. I know its not official but it does seem to point to things remaining the same.

4. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    On a serious note, something has to be done in our EHD counties. I'm not sure what but we have no deer to hunt. It was liking hunting in the 80's this year, if you saw hair, it was a great day in the field. Hunted 4 different farms this year through the various seasons, never seen the first deer on 3 of those farms, only saw 4 or 5 on the other one and nothing close to shooting worthy. I hate it, but its reality.

5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Which county? Sightings were lower for me this year but not terrible. We are on the edge of the main EHD counties.

6. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Magoffin and Morgan County.

7. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    I hate it for you guys. When we were hit hard by EHD here in zone 1 we still had a lot of does left, it seemed to hit bucks much worse . Seems it only took a year or 2 before things seemed normal again with the doe population, I had a farm near KY lake where I swear EHD had no effect at all

rockhousehunter likes this.
  8. itstherush

itstherush 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2010
    Grayson co
    I started a thread like this once, still regret it.

But the humor makes the threads...

I would love to sit over the shoulder of a CO or Lawmaker and read the crap on here we spread constantly. They prolly laugh like its a real comedy club at the stuff we hear.....

9. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 10 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Anyone heard this one?....EHD didn't wipe out the deer herd in eastern Ky it was the dept of fish and wildlife. The insurance companies paid the dept 2 million to reduce the herd because of so many deer/auto collisions so they put out poison, but they put too much and nearly eliminated the herd, not kidding, I heard this from 2 different people.

10. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    I believe that is true

11. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Of course they did. Just look at how many places in all those counties that they had to Put poison out for the deer to consume. Those fish and wildlife guys are getting it done

12. scrape

scrape 8 pointer

Jul 24, 2003
    Manchester, ky.
    Sounds like some collusion going on right there!