2018 Fern Creek 3D Archery Shoots

RDL270

Cyber-Hunter
Apr 14, 2003
Fern Creek KY
2018 Fern Creek Sportsman Club 3-D Archery Shoot

15400 Brush Run Road Louisville Ky

30 targets in a natural wooded environment, some elevated platforms. Everything from alligators to warthogs. Rinehart and Mackenzie targets. Beginner and family oriented atmosphere. $10.00 per round. $5.00 NASP 4H and children under 14. Sign-ups 0800 AM till 1:00 PM.

January 21
February 11
March 4
March 25
May 20
June 10
July 1
July 22
August 12
August 26 (shooter appreciation cook-out)

louisvillehunter

6 pointer
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville
Thanks for posting this. I'm very new to archery and this sounds like good practice. This might sound stupid but how many arrows should I bring? I'm thinking I will lose some from missing the targets, lol.

RDL270

Cyber-Hunter
Apr 14, 2003
Fern Creek KY
Thanks for posting this. I'm very new to archery and this sounds like good practice. This might sound stupid but how many arrows should I bring? I'm thinking I will lose some from missing the targets, lol.
Well I believe the minimum needed would be two as we have some double sets, but to play it safe I would think six. We are very beginner friendly and its a no pressure type shoot. We will help you in anyway possible to ensure you have a great first time.

vMANG

Spike
Dec 20, 2017
Taylorsville, KY
What are the distances to the 3-d targets. Are they all the same or do they vary. I never shot 3-d , only spots, but I'm going to shoot 3-d this year. Looking forward to Jan. shoot.

RDL270

Cyber-Hunter
Apr 14, 2003
Fern Creek KY
What are the distances to the 3-d targets. Are they all the same or do they vary. I never shot 3-d , only spots, but I'm going to shoot 3-d this year. Looking forward to Jan. shoot.
It varies. We place a youth stake, traditional bow stake, a hunter stake and an open stake. Hunter is around 35 yards max. Open can be 50 plus. BUT that said, we don't care where you shot from, shoot your comfort zone. Ours is a beginner friendly course. As long as its being done safe.

BowOnly

8 pointer
Mar 6, 2008
I wish I saw this much earlier this year! Any events going on in the area this time of year?

Not sure about other clubs around but I know Fern Creek won't shoot again until sometime in January.

You may check with Chickasaw archery club in shepherdsville.

Latest posts