2017 Hunting Apps

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by LoneArrow, Aug 27, 2017.

1. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

2. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    I use Hunt stand, got my property map loaded. I update weather and check wind direction before leaving home. Helps me decide what stand to hunt. Been quite accurate though hills and hollows can alter wind some.
    Also use Trimble's GPS hunt app, formerly Cabelas. With maps download I can use gps with no cell signal and find my truck, it tends to get lost.

3. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I think it's fairly accurate. I did find some of the property owners that needed updating, but the map itself was good. I like it.

4. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    HuntStand's latest update has a Topo map option, which is cool, but for some reason it doesn't zoom in as close as the other maps.
    As far as the wind, I like:

http://hint.fm/wind/

5. Claims Rep.

Claims Rep. 6 pointer

Feb 6, 2010
    Question about On X Hunt: I know you can "save" a map of where you plan to hunt before you get into that area (where we know there won't be cell service), but once you access the saved map are you able to zoom in and see all the topo features like you could if you had cell service? And what happens if you got to the edge of the saved map and then went off the map - would the dot representing your location just be off the screen at that point? I'm just wanting to make sure I understood how the app works before buying it. Thanks.

6. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    Once you save you should have the save features as you do with cell service. You can save multiple maps at different resolutions, so going off your map shouldn't be a problem.

Randy Newberg is sponsored by On X. He has a promo code where you can get 20% off. Listen to a podcast and he tells the codes.