2016-2017 Ft. Knox question and answer thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Jul 28, 2016.

1. fatbuck

fatbuck Spike

Nov 3, 2004
    84. Last hunt. Any info appreciated. I do know that area and the surf areas have been open to gun hunting. How bad will that affect it

2. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    Drawed area 8 second weekend any info would be appreciated thank you.

3. hammerdown

hammerdown 6 pointer

Oct 29, 2009
    nancy ky
    Got area 82 Nov 19th and 20th any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

4. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    Got drawed area 5 last hunt...just ripped up papers throwed in trash...been shotgun hunted all year...wast of 30.00..

5. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 8 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Us too and that obviously will have a great effect on it. Not good.

DARKCLOUD likes this.
  6. Scoony

Scoony 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2003
    Radcliff
    I was in 84 twice during gun and 82 once with bow and I would go again in a heart beat if drawn for those areas. I have never hunted 5, but would not let the early gun hunters worry me much. It has been pretty warm during the extended gun hunt and the deer were moving a little, but not a lot. I was seeing scrap activity start up in a few areas after they have been gun hunted.

84: I like the area just south of the road that boarders it with 85. lots of white and red oak in there. I am sure that the low grounds on the east hold deer, but it is so thick in there. The dude that can fight through that stuff will probably do good. I tried to get out on the power line that runs back to Cedar Creek, but gave up real quick.

82: I like the south side (north of the southern road). There is a lot of pines in there, but also a low ridge with oaks that I would hunt. Used to be trails back in there to get back to a site I really liked, but I was in there bow hunting a few weeks ago, and it is way overgrown.

I got area 19 for the first weekend. Never hunted that area, but I have seen deer crossing a particular spot on Baker Road in that area so I think I have a good idea where to go.

rockhousehunter likes this.
  7. danf26

danf26 8 pointer

Nov 5, 2009
    southeastky
    i got area 89 for dec 19 gun hunt any info would be appreceated

8. hunterdereck18

hunterdereck18 Fawn

Nov 19, 2008
    mercer
    I'm in Area 17 is it any good........ I have never put in for a hunt at Ft. Knox any Info......thanks

9. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    Still looking for some info on area 8 drawed the second hunt any info would be great thanks.

10. Teach Deer

Teach Deer 6 pointer

Aug 4, 2013
    Georgetown
    Sent you a PM...

11. thomas

thomas Fawn

Nov 3, 2008
    Central KY
    I got drawn for area 35 Thanksgiving weekend. Anybody know if this area has been hunted very much so far this year?

12. Michigander

Michigander 6 pointer

Dec 8, 2014
    Radcliff
    I will try to text tomorrow or Monday with some info. I hunted there last year

columbia whitetail likes this.
  13. II RiNgEyE II

II RiNgEyE II 6 pointer

Nov 4, 2009
    Brindle Ridge, KY
    Anyone have any info on area 114? We have it the second weekend.

14. rme hunter

rme hunter 8 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Breckinridge County
    Don't take this as me being a smart ! But I have been in 114 the last two weekends. Everyone is seeing deer if they stay in the woods. If you are at the truck 30 minutes after daylight you won't see much. And while that seems like I am stating the obvious. 40-50% of the hunters I have are driving around by 0730. Just go into one of those hollers and sit as long as you can.