2016-2017 Ft. Knox question and answer thread

Oct 27, 2017
Elizabethtown
stud deer right there. congrats to your buddy. awesome mass.
Brandenburg said it was like the 3rd biggest one they've seen this yr or that's what my buddy said anyways. I didn't get a slot on Cedar I hunted 16. saw all the deeer in the middle of the road by ammo dump on the way in lol that's hunting I guess

bowhunter269

12 pointer
Nov 21, 2006
Fisherville, KY
Brandenburg said it was like the 3rd biggest one they've seen this yr or that's what my buddy said anyways. I didn't get a slot on Cedar I hunted 16. saw all the deeer in the middle of the road by ammo dump on the way in lol that's hunting I guess

Not questioning what they said, but until this weekend deer killed on Knox were not taken to the check station as in years past.......they were telechecked, so he hasn't seen most deer killed. Obviously this deer is one of the biggest killed so far, but they have no clue what caliber of deer have been shot. For what it's worth only............

rme hunter

8 pointer
Dec 1, 2006
Breckinridge County

I know you didn't mean anything negative but, please don't quote people and use their actual names. There are several folks that don't want their real names used.

Oct 27, 2017
Elizabethtown
I wasn't quoting anyone as I said "that's what my buddy said" and if a person is in a position of public office how could they be upset for using their name? it's all speculation right..

kendallV

Fawn
Aug 14, 2010
That's not his stand that's mine. He shot the deer sat night and it ran by my stand into a thicket and disappeared. We tracked blood for 200yrds with no success. Sunday morning he shoots the same deer and once again it comes to my stand and dies five yards behind me..and the whole name thing is bull... if someone from hunt control which wasn't "the gentleman "who was previously posted for you sensitive hunters said it was one of the biggest deer shot this weekend ..

1sttop

6 pointer
Jun 29, 2007
Flaherty, KY
That's not his stand that's mine. He shot the deer sat night and it ran by my stand into a thicket and disappeared. We tracked blood for 200yrds with no success. Sunday morning he shoots the same deer and once again it comes to my stand and dies five yards behind me..and the whole name thing is bull... if someone from hunt control which wasn't "the gentleman "who was previously posted for you sensitive hunters said it was one of the biggest deer shot this weekend ..
what the heck are you even talking about. You're all over the place

kendallV

Fawn
Aug 14, 2010
Im Just saying that was my stand and it's kinda ironic that my buddy shoots the same deer twice and both times it runs to my stand .. and I'm sick of how sensitive people are on this forum..

1sttop

6 pointer
Jun 29, 2007
Flaherty, KY
Im Just saying that was my stand and it's kinda ironic that my buddy shoots the same deer twice and both times it runs to my stand .. and I'm sick of how sensitive people are on this forum..
Who is being sensitive? I thought it was cool that a deer dropped that close to a tree stand. I had no idea it was somebody elses stand. the other poster simply stated that to use someone elses name as a quote as to a size of a deer was simply hearsay and not to quote second hand information of those in a certain position. Seems to me that you're the one being sensitive. Great deer and interesting on how it was shot twice by the same hunter. Relax a little and enjoy the deer. Definitely a buck of a lifetime and a great story.

kendallV

Fawn
Aug 14, 2010
Who is being sensitive? I thought it was cool that a deer dropped that close to a tree stand. I had no idea it was somebody elses stand. the other poster simply stated that to use someone elses name as a quote as to a size of a deer was simply hearsay and not to quote second hand information of those in a certain position. Seems to me that you're the one being sensitive. Great deer and interesting on how it was shot twice by the same hunter. Relax a little and enjoy the deer. Definitely a buck of a lifetime and a great story.
You asked about the stand and since I was there I thought I would share the story wasn't jumping down your throat .. it was one of the best weekends I have ever had with a close friend at Knox and I didn't even shoot a deer. The rest wasn't meant for you but you obviously got offended

1sttop

6 pointer
Jun 29, 2007
Flaherty, KY
You asked about the stand and since I was there I thought I would share the story wasn't jumping down your throat .. it was one of the best weekends I have ever had with a close friend at Knox and I didn't even shoot a deer. The rest wasn't meant for you but you obviously got offended

This is what the other poster posted when I asked about the stand.
"he said he shot him at about 15 yrds and he ran about 20 yrds so almost lol"
Then you said that was your stand and he ran past you twice on two different days after being shot twice. Trust me, the last thing I am is sensitive. I was confused at the two different stories but now at this point I couldnt care less. Nice deer and nice story on how it was taken. I wish you the best Sir

Latest posts