2016-2017 Ft. Knox question and answer thread

Scoony

6 pointer
Nov 7, 2003
Radcliff
Something we found out last week is a glitch in the system. If today you make a reservation for a hunt area tomorrow then decide to check into that area today to scout, the system will not allow you to do it. You have to check into the area first, then make a reservation for the following day (providing that area is open both days). Not normally a big deal, but with the quota hunts almost upon us, and getting a reservation for your area of choice, you might not be able to scout the day prior even if that area is open. And if you cancel your reservation and check in to scout hoping that you will be able to make that reservation later, others can fill up that area, and you could lose a spot in that area.

Oh and a tip, set check-in and check-out reminders on your phone calendar so your don't forget, not that I would ever admit to forgetting something like that.

Scoony

6 pointer
Nov 7, 2003
Radcliff
Got some good areas open, but glad that it is not wide open like previous years. Lots of areas still closed until the first quota hunt weekend which I see as a good thing. By this time during previous years, we all knew what area we had for the quota hunts. Kind of exciting thinking about hunting different areas this year.

I am wondering how many spaces were left for those top 15 areas, or were they completely filled in the lottery draw.

whiteoakcreek

6 pointer
Jan 1, 2009
Marion County
Got some good areas open, but glad that it is not wide open like previous years. Lots of areas still closed until the first quota hunt weekend which I see as a good thing. By this time during previous years, we all knew what area we had for the quota hunts. Kind of exciting thinking about hunting different areas this year.

I am wondering how many spaces were left for those top 15 areas, or were they completely filled in the lottery draw.
Just curious. What areas were the lottery areas?

Latest posts