2016-2017 Ft. Knox question and answer thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Claims Rep.

Claims Rep. 6 pointer

Feb 6, 2010
    Congrats on a good one!

Docwaters likes this.
  2. Shedhunter4011

Shedhunter4011 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2009
    Up a Tree
    Ok gotcha, Where I come from "Guns a Blazin" means that your shooting the crap out of something. So this would be the first test of the new system without having to meet an Area Guide first, than hunt. Just can't wait to see what happens when youth are not involved and it's grown adults arguing over an area.

turkeymanmike likes this.
  3. rme hunter

rme hunter 8 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Breckinridge County
    People hunt on post everyday without an area guide. I can't imagine there will be much issue.

4. kenbuckyblu

kenbuckyblu 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2008
    Lebanon Junction
    were these guys out around area 91,92 ? Cause some youth hunters showed up back in 87a and didn't know where they were.

5. turkeymanmike

turkeymanmike Spike

Oct 27, 2017
    Elizabethtown
    I was in 15. they were suppose to be in 14. I heard today a kid killed a 170 in 14. don't know how true that is though

6. 74CD

74CD Fawn

Sep 2, 2006
    I was in 14 all weekend and never saw or heard of it .

7. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

There was a big one killed in yano.

8. turkeymanmike

turkeymanmike Spike

Oct 27, 2017
    Elizabethtown
    yea you know how people like to start rumors this time of year lol

9. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

Unless it’s medical advise. This is the #1 go to for all medical questions!

10. deerturkey14

deerturkey14 6 pointer

Oct 29, 2012
    Louisville
    There will be issues if area guides are done away with. Every year we deal with folks thinking they are in the correct area but they are not. Oddly enough more times than not it is the military that we have had more issues with boundaries or time management.

11. Scoony

Scoony 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2003
    Radcliff
    I am wondering if the website will be able to handle the amount of traffic that it will experience during the quota hunts. Also have they improved cell phone signal over in the Mount Eden area?

12. NEVENUFFHP

NEVENUFFHP 6 pointer

Aug 9, 2002
    .Cecilia ky
    Recipe for Chaos?

13. 1sttop

1sttop 6 pointer

Jun 29, 2007
    Flaherty, KY
    If you know where your area is and you know you're in the right place then why would you need to worry about anybody else being in the right area. Other bases use ISportsman and they don't utilize party leaders at all. I'm sure Ft Knox can have success too. They'll be a few issues at first but it will eventually work itself out.

14. Scoony

Scoony 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2003
    Radcliff
    It would be nice if they would not piece-meal out information like they have been doing. The newest message on telechecking deer would have been helpful last month when I telechecked my archery buck. I realize now that I made a wrong selection and will have to see if I can correct it somehow. I really don't see them having a lot of issues other then a few lost souls out in the training area. I do wish they could be more timely with posting new information.

15. Valley Station

Valley Station Cyber-Hunter

For Telechek, you need to know which of the 3 counties you hunted - Meade, Hardin or Bullitt.
    Be nice to have list to save time and stop all the guessing on county.