2016-2017 Ft. Knox question and answer thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Jul 28, 2016.

1. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

Folks, if you have questions or comments about Ft. Knox, this is the place to ask and give suggestions.

2. realtreehunter17

realtreehunter17 Fawn

Sep 22, 2015
    I have a question about the archery draw. I've been hunting at Fort Knox for 12 or 13 years in the gun quota hunt, but never the archery. I'm not sure how it works with the drawing for an area or when you're allowed to hunt through the week. Anyone know anything about this?

3. ancienthunter

ancienthunter 6 pointer

Dec 25, 2011
    Over the Hill
    You get one weekend to hunt but you may hunt any day through the week except Tuesday (their closed), as for areas you may sign in to hunt any area that hunt control has open they change often until they fill up. they usually have several areas open but close to half will be teir 1 and 2 to gun hunt.

4. realtreehunter17

realtreehunter17 Fawn

Sep 22, 2015
    Do they pick the weekend you hunt?

5. rme hunter

rme hunter 8 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Breckinridge County
    Yes they pick, you list about ten weekends and they choose one.

6. Shedhunter4011

Shedhunter4011 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2009
    Up a Tree
  7. columbia whitetail

columbia whitetail 8 pointer

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    If anyone on here is really familiar with fort knox could you please text me at 2706342014. Have a few questions I need answers for and can't reach the gun registration office.

8. kenbuckyblu

kenbuckyblu 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2008
    Lebanon Junction
    JUST an FYI: I heard today that post is going to the phone call in or (if I understood correctly) online area signups for next year, a system called I-sportsman (I think) also going to a post deer Telechek , not sure what I think of this. I just know that if its anything like what Ft Campbell does, then I haven't heard anything good about it.

9. columbia whitetail

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    I heard the exact same thing. It will be new to me because I've never tried fort Campbell

10. columbia whitetail

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    Got an email Thursday that they are now allowing your gun registration to be mailed in. They have just made this decision. Just wanted to update everyone.

11. ancienthunter

ancienthunter 6 pointer

Dec 25, 2011
    Over the Hill
    I saw on their website visitors can only get on post via main entrance (bullion Blvd) and you have go through visitors center the first time for a security check and then it's good for six months, anybody be there lately?

12. Deernut33

Deernut33 Fawn

Jul 30, 2016
    I was up there two weeks ago to visit and register my guns. We had to go through the visitors center and give our drivers license and sign in. I guess they put our names into a data base and we had to show our license again at the Chafee gate where the guy checked for us in their system and away we went. I don't remember whether he said we would be good for 3 or 6 months.

13. columbia whitetail

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    I need the address to hunt control so I can send in my money order. I tried to pull it up but having trouble finding it.

14. Deernut33

Deernut33 Fawn

Jul 30, 2016
    department of the army
    env mgt div (imkn-pwe)
    directorate of public works
    bldg 9297, hunt control
    125 6th ave ste 320
    fort kno, kentucky 40121-5719

columbia whitetail likes this.
  15. columbia whitetail

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    I need help fast. I filled out the wrong gun registration form and I can't get the one I need to open. Can someone please help