2015-16 LBL question and answer thread

LyonWeaver

Spike
Nov 19, 2013
Lyon County
LBL Deer

I have been drawn for LBL muzzle loader area 8 hunt this year. I am familiar with the area but not familiar with the deer in that area.
Scouting is of course necessary but if anyone knows of a good starting point it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

LyonWeaver
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnky

8 pointer
Apr 5, 2011
Loretto ky
Anywhere off of fords bay rd,I killed many deer from 100 yards to a mile of the road.

Xi Bowhunter

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2002
Goetz Farm
I have been drawn for LBL muzzle loader area 8 hunt this year. I am familiar with the area but not familiar with the deer in that area.
Scouting is of course necessary but if anyone knows of a good starting point it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

LyonWeaver

We hunted off road 342, on the opposite side from Gordon Hollow, where the N/S Trail meets road 342. We walked WAY back on the N/S trail and hunted ridges and saddles back there. There was A LOT of sign back there, but the weather was really bad that weekend, and we had to cut our hunt short.

autopeep24

Fawn
May 20, 2015
LBL question

Hunting Land Between Lakes this November, Archery. Can one quarter a deer out there. My concern is if I harvest a deer way in and over some steep hills I will not be able to extract it out. I'm looking at purtching a jet sled. Any on have experience in this type of situation.
Thanks ahead of time.

dirthole

8 pointer
Feb 8, 2013
Kentucky
We got area 7 this year,I haven't hunted area 7 since i was a kid probably 20 years ago.Is anyone very familiar with this area?

Valley Station

Cyber-Hunter
Dec 10, 2001
Valley Station, Ky, USA.
Might want to drive out Silver Trail Road, go down into Race Track Hollow & Fulton Creek Bottoms and start. Any fields planted, night time feeding areas? Area 17 on south boundary of Area 4 is closed to hunting and acts as a refuge area.
Caution - Your in an area that may have some Fallows. Local authorities have a place for those who would shoot a an illegal Fallow...."under the jail." Good luck.

Jaxon

Fawn
Oct 9, 2014
my son got area 10 this weekend and I haven't had a day off . Any one have any advice on area 10 as we wont get there til after dark Friday night.

Latest posts