2015-16 Fort Knox question and answer thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Scoony

Scoony 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2003
    Radcliff
    I see lots of folk on Knox in the hunt areas with ATVs. Never seen them in the area I have always hunted, but have seen them in adjacent areas.

Funniest sight I saw several years back, was a deer strapped to the top of an ATV that was up in the bed of a pick-up truck driving up the hill out in area 44.

2. Scoony

Scoony 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2003
    Radcliff
    Anyone know whats going on with the controlled burnings in the training area? What areas they are Burning? Wilson gate was pretty smoky this morning so I would guess that 73 thru 77 area has some burnings going on, but not for sure.

3. PYseeker

PYseeker 6 pointer

May 19, 2015
    Its Area 73, burning about 120 acres

4. Shedhunter4011

Shedhunter4011 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2009
    Up a Tree
    Guess its a good thing they already took a few good bucks out of there this year.

5. DADDYRABBIT1974

DADDYRABBIT1974 Spike

May 12, 2011
    Can someone give me a little input on 88? I will have both my sons hunting the area this weekend. Thanks

6. lkj118

lkj118 10 pointer

Nov 8, 2006
    nancy / somerset, ky
    Anybody heard when the gun quota hunt results will be available? Usually I find out this week while I'm a LBL, but I hadn't seen it mentioned on here. Thanks in advance.

7. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

Someone posted the guides are meeting this week, so I would guess they go out end of this week, or first of next week.

8. Valley Station

Valley Station Cyber-Hunter

Area guides meeting was last night, hunter packets being mailed out now, should receive by Saturday.

9. mountain hunter

mountain hunter Spike

Jan 17, 2010
    Bell County Ky
    What are the deer feeding on now on base? I will be hunting this weekend and only able to hunt Saturday (all day) and Sunday morning so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

10. Soldier

Soldier Fawn

Oct 20, 2015
    I'm super excited. I picked up my packet from hunt control today. I got my first choice (area47). This is gonna be a fantastic year

11. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

Best I can tell they are feeding on anything and everything they can. I cut a does stomach open sunday in area 21 that did not have a single acorn in it. All grasses and browse.

12. Scoony

Scoony 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2003
    Radcliff
    Where is area 47? I know there is a 46 and 48, but never seen a 47. If you have 48, that's Wilcox range and a great area. I ususally hunt 45 and have always done well there, this year will be different as I had to sign up in a different category and I am waiting to see what area I get.

13. kentuckyoutdoorsman

kentuckyoutdoorsman 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    Anyone else not able to get through to hunt control to sign out tonight?

14. stlrfrk

stlrfrk Fawn

Oct 28, 2015
    I would be really interested to know what old enough and disabled enough looks like? I know exactly who these 3 people are and I can tell you they would never do anything un-ethical that would jeopardize their ability to hunt. There is no need to justify to anyone other than hunt control and the game warden the authorization to use a vehicle exemption to do what they love. I sure hope your friend wasn't one of the individuals blocking one of the entrances with their vehicles? I'm sure that individuals who are authorized to use a vehicle exemption would trade their disabilities to get around like those without a disabilty. I will be glad to share your concerns with the individuals in question and the game warden/hunt control.

15. Scoony

Scoony 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2003
    Radcliff

No one was making any accusations, Kenbuckyblu asked a simple question and a few basic comments were made, thats all. No need to get excited.