2015-16 Fort Knox question and answer thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    Hey knox hunters post some of them big fort knox bucks pictures on here love to see some if they have been any killed

2. PYseeker

PYseeker 6 pointer

May 19, 2015
    Piece of advice for those who hunt on Knox, when you park your vehicle you cannot block access to any roads. If you do, you'll get a ticket. Also if you are going to block a road at least have your hunt pass properly displayed in the window of your vehicle. Some people learned this lesson the hard way today.

3. Crossbow Hunter

Crossbow Hunter 6 pointer

Jun 23, 2014
    Here and There
    Who's out on Knox this weekend?

4. duckhunter175

duckhunter175 Spike

Aug 18, 2012
    PYseeker-- You and I must have been in the same area. They got what they deserved for acting like they owned the whole area. Hunt Control has said this has been a problem all season. I'm on my 4th season here at Knox and this is the first time I've encountered significant issues.

To boot-- on my last night for my cantonment bow tag a lady hunter comes traipsing through the woods, wind at her back, blows out all the deer I'm watching, walks under my stand, and then when confronted tells me "I'm scouting for my tag tomorrow"... Really?! at 1830 at night the day before you think its a good idea to wander through a very small area when you know there are other hunters present. Ridiculous!

5. Shedhunter4011

Shedhunter4011 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2009
    Up a Tree
    This is not uncommon to happen to hunters on Ft Knox. 9 X out of 10 those that doth9is is tier 4 hunters and think that becuase they only get a few days to hunt that they can throw hunters etiquette out the window and look out for themselves. Or they find a truck parked in the area they signed up for and walk in to see where a person is set up, then say "Oh I didint know anyone was in here" but the next morning they are two trees down from the one you were in. Happens all to ofthen.

6. Valley Station

Valley Station Cyber-Hunter

Does anybody know if this past weekends military tier gun hunters killed anything besides fawns and does?

7. ancienthunter

ancienthunter 8 pointer

Dec 25, 2011
    Over the Hill
    Heard that a nice buck was taken in 73, think it was a bow kill.

8. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    Does anyone have info on area 112 for little girl Youth hunt.....just if its good or bad worth driving 2 hours

9. Shedhunter4011

Shedhunter4011 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2009
    Up a Tree
    Yes it is worth it. There are a good amount of deer in that area, it has been open to bow mostly this year but if u can set up down by the airstrip (clearing) you should be able to knock something down. GL

10. jpat

jpat Fawn

Sep 17, 2013
    My 12 year old daughter and 10 year old son got drawn for area 21/22 for the youth hunt. Any advice is appreciated. I have not been to either of these areas. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Valley Station

Valley Station Cyber-Hunter

Jpat,
    Area 21/22 should be one of the choice areas. Would not hunt Area 21 west of the Main Range Road, is hunted throughout bow season and military non-quota gun hunts. East of Main Range open only during quota gun hunt and hasn't been being open for scouting. Find out if your youth hunt area guide is also, primary quota gun hunt guide, if so his knowledge of deer movement should be very helpful.
    I haven't been there "lately", but, with kids, and was allowed to drive to back of range, I would probably be back past the cemetery.
    Good luck.

12. TBL

TBL Fawn

Nov 11, 2013
    Received my daughters youth hunt packet yesterday but did not receive my son's info. They were both put on the same application. Is it common to receive packets on different days for same application to the same address? I figured I would wait until Monday to see if it comes and then call, just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same thing happen.

13. TBL

TBL Fawn

Nov 11, 2013
    Also, my daughter got drawn for 114 Cedar Creek. Should be a good hunt.

14. TBL

TBL Fawn

Nov 11, 2013
    Received my son's packet today. Good luck to all the guys and girls youth weekend.

15. Dan99

Dan99 6 pointer

Oct 11, 2015
    I went out a few times during the military non-quota gun season this week but didn't see any. Unfortunately, all of the areas I scouted over the summer were only open to bow hunting and I do not have a bow. Any recommendations for a good gun hunting area? I've never killed a deer before and I would like to at least get one for the freezer.