2015-16 Fort Knox question and answer thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Aug 29, 2015.

1. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

113 has been known to have some decent buck deer.

2. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Just been there once last year so I couldn't advise any areas. What I do advise is liberal amounts of permethrin (sp). They have world class turkey mites...ask me how I kno

3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    find a numbered feed station and park there.

4. Crossbow Hunter

Crossbow Hunter 6 pointer

Jun 23, 2014
    Here and There
    I can say from experience that any area on the opposite side of 31W usually fills up pretty fast like 6, 12 and 15 off your list. I have tried hunting over there the past couple years and it never amounted to anything but a small doe. From what I've learned in my scouting (boots to ground scouting) this last summer is the thicker the foliage the more deer I've seen. That's my 2 cents anyway.

5. Uscnoklahoma

Uscnoklahoma 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2013
    SC
    Yeah, a guy that was milling around in Hunt Control told me to try 6. After he left a guy came up and said ignore him. He said it might be easy to hunt but there's poison oak every where and a ton of people hunt it. Most days I was there last year there were 10-15 people in there.

6. kentuckyoutdoorsman

kentuckyoutdoorsman 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    Thinking bout going tomorrow afternoon. Are civilians able to sign into an area the same day they hunt. Or are you required to sign in the day before?

7. ancienthunter

ancienthunter 8 pointer

Dec 25, 2011
    Over the Hill
    Yes you may sign in after 11:00 tomorrow to hunt. You also can sign in 48 hrs in advance accept for weekends. So you ca n sign in for tomorrow and Wednesday.

8. kentuckyoutdoorsman

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    Okay thanks

9. Sulty

Sulty Fawn

Sep 15, 2015
    I sat in 56 all weekend and didnt see a single deer. I asked hunt control and they said no one got anything from this spot.

10. Uscnoklahoma

Uscnoklahoma 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2013
    SC
    There were several areas packed this weekend unlike last year. Area 79 was packed out. When we left there had only been 3 does checked and 1 was from my party. We could've probably killed more than that but were of course waiting on the big one. There was a ton of military activity this year as compared to last year. I definitely think it effected deer movement.

11. Crossbow Hunter

Jun 23, 2014
    Here and There
    I hunted 17 all weekend and hunted it hard but I only saw one doe that was out of my comfort zone for a shot. Weird, I thought all the elements were just right for seeing lots of deer. Colder weather, so lunar times were right but nothing. Maybe your right Oklahoma about the amount of troop activity.

12. Crossbow Hunter

Jun 23, 2014
    Here and There
    Has anyone off this forum had any luck at ft Knox?

13. KYnolan32

KYnolan32 Spike

Feb 21, 2015
    Winchester, KY
    I'v grew up hunting Fort Knox every year, from youth-present day. It's unreal how many nice deer I'v seen taken outta there. I'll be there OCT 17-18th archery. GL to anybody else making the trip!

14. kentuckyoutdoorsman

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    Who's hunting this weekend? I'll be there just not sure what area. Won't b able to get to hunt control tomorrow till about 4

15. Crossbow Hunter

Jun 23, 2014
    Here and There
    I will be there, still not sure what area but I will be there Saturday and Sunday.