2015-16 Fort Knox question and answer thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Aug 29, 2015.

1. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

Post up any questions or answers you have about Fort Knox.

2. Uscnoklahoma

Uscnoklahoma 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2013
    SC
    Has anyone received their packets yet? I think they drew Thursday or Friday for the archery.

3. Uscnoklahoma

Uscnoklahoma 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2013
    SC
    Just talked to Hunt Control. Everyone got drawn for the Archery Hunt.

4. Scoony

Scoony 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2003
    Radcliff
    Guess I get to feel the civilian's pains this year. Signed my son up with myself for the gun quota hunt, but since he does not have a mil or dep ID, I had to sign us up in the civilian category.

One hunt for the price of two? That sucks. Guess I have been spoiled and was able to hunt one area during these quota hunts since 2002. after about 3 years of getting that area, I always assumed that I would get it again. Was always predictable.

On the bright side, guess I will get to check out a new area and meet a new set of guides.

5. columbia whitetail

columbia whitetail 8 pointer

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    3 out of my 5 guys got their packets today. Me and one other didnt. Is this cause for concern?

6. Uscnoklahoma

Uscnoklahoma 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2013
    SC
    I dont think so considering everyone got drawn. I haven't received mine either. If you dont receive it by Saturday I would call. I hope mine comes tomorrow.

7. Uscnoklahoma

Uscnoklahoma 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2013
    SC
    Didn't get mine today and of course I leave for Kentucky tomorrow. They really should draw earlier or go to an online system that displays results.

8. Shedhunter4011

Shedhunter4011 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2009
    Up a Tree
    Season doesn't even open on Knox for another week, so in reality I wouldn't worry about it till next Saturday, unless you chose to hunt the first weekend then I would worry come next Friday

9. Uscnoklahoma

Uscnoklahoma 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2013
    SC
    Uh...if you're out of state or a working person it matters.

10. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    Me and my wife drawed sept 19-20 weekend to bow hunt going down that wensday before to scout and hunt has anyone being seeing any good deer down there bonus buck

11. Shedhunter4011

Shedhunter4011 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2009
    Up a Tree
    Oh I'm sorry I guess I'll need to put in more than 60+ hours at work, then I'll know what you're whining about.

12. Uscnoklahoma

Uscnoklahoma 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2013
    SC
    Well, just maybe some might need to know ahead of time the weekend they got drawn. Is that really that hard to figure out? If you are drawn Sept 12 and you find out 5 days ahead of time it might present a problem, like it did for one member of our party. Lord, some people just live in their own myopic world. Plus, you live right there. Geez.

13. kentuckyoutdoorsman

kentuckyoutdoorsman 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    bow hunting fort knox

this is my first year bow hunting fort knox. trying to decide what areas to focus on. out of area 6 , 15 , 12, 29, 97, 45, 76, 64, 70, and 86. what would yall consider the best overall areas? i want to choose 4 or 5 to scout on google earth. that way if some areas are closed i should hopefully still get into an area that ive at least scouted a little bit. not looking for anyones spots. just trying to get started in the right direction. thanks in advance

14. Valley Station

Valley Station Cyber-Hunter

Area 64 and 70 should be great, but, haven't been open to hunting for last 40 years. Get you a Ft Knox map, study access roads to areas, read the regulations and procedures, find some acorns a falln'.

15. kentuckyoutdoorsman

kentuckyoutdoorsman 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    guess i outta cross them two areas off my list