2014 scares the

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by coysmoker, Feb 13, 2013.

1. coysmoker

coysmoker 6 pointer

Feb 23, 2010
    Boone Co.
    The president has is sights set on 2014. His and his party want to win control of the House of Reps and retain control of the Senate. If they suceeds this Country will change more in the following 2 years of his presidency. Now he is mostly a "Lame Duck". If he suceeds in 2014 he my be crowed King and we will surely be his phesants !!!!

2. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Not a Obama supporter or voter but if you dont think the republicans arent doing the samething then something is wrong.Republicans started led by McConnell saying our job is to make Obama a one term president 2008.
    Both parties do this every 4 years.Thats all they care about is winning and not you me or the country.

3. WhitetailWarrior53081

WhitetailWarrior53081 8 pointer

Aug 3, 2009
    The prospects of the Democrats winning the House and controlling the Senate in 2014 scares me to death to be honest. If that happens its all gonna hit the fan I'm afraid. Those two years would forever change the fundamentals of our country and I don't know if its something we would ever recover from.

4. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    A lot of their success will depend on how Obamacare goes. It kicks in fully in 2014. Also hopefully Obama will also keep crowing about gun control so people don't forget.

5. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Gun control will die down soon.The dems up for election in 2014 will want to tune it down.I dont think it will pass anyway.Its losing support from alot of dems.now.

6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Can you post a link to that??

You don't think "IT" will pass but wasn't it you that said there are 10 bills in Congress that deals with gun control?

Just the other day the NRA found something about gun control burried in a totally different bill. They are coming at us from everywhere they can think of hoping we don't see it. The Feinstein is doomed and they know it BUT they are now using it to keep everybodys eyes on it while they do other stuff.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  7. coysmoker

coysmoker 6 pointer

Feb 23, 2010
    Boone Co.
    It is no secret that 2014 is the focus for the Obama to have the backing to get "His" agenda for our country .... I mean OUR COUNRTY !!!! Not His !!!!
    If you don't think it will happen .... who thought Obama would get a second term so easily??

8. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

My greatest fear for his 2nd term is the Conservative Supreme Court Justices. They are old and I just hope they can last until 2016 and we get the Dems out of the Whitehouse. If not we will see a great change in the direction of our Country that we will truly be powerless to stop. In the eyes of the Law that is.

9. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Unless something has changed that I'm not aware of the only SCOTUS justices even talking about stepping down are liberals, replacing a liberal with a liberal won't change the makeup at all?? There is also the (slim) chance that Obama will appoint a liberal that is LESS Liberal then the one being replaced- (Happened the other way with a Reagan justice) ;)

I believe that the Liberals keep shooting themselves in the foot with pushing the wrong agendas against what most state they want. With Obamacare starting to hurt jobs already (and more to come) I would expect they will lose more seats and not have any net gain in either chamber, they very well may lose Senate control .

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  10. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

You are right Ace, right now it is only a couple of Judges on the Left side that have mentioned retiring. However, when you get to the age that some of them are anything can happen in an instant. I too hope that the Dems will lose heavily in both Houses come 2014 but after this last Presidential Election I have some doubts. Obama will continue the Government give away at every opportunity. Look at the SOTU speech, 29 NEW Government programs and he wants to raise the minimum wage to $9 an hour. All of this is designed to influence future votes/voters. It is tough to fight that when our side wants to decrease spending and free stuff.

11. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    I agree, however, what he "wants to do" and what the House will fund are not close to the same reality ;) As for the last "election"

IMO the GOP had best start working on voter ID required so the illegals cannot vote, or they are in deep trouble in many places. The house will remain Red IMO, and I suspect the Senate will at the very least lose more control if not total Dem control , barring another major mass school shooting at least.

Don't get me wrong, I realize he has "plans" and they involve trying to destroy all that we uphold, at this point I think many agendas are working against the Liberals, "pick your battles" is something they have yet to understand it seems.

12. mike_b

mike_b 8 pointer

Aug 8, 2010
    Ledbetter
    I think you mean peasants. Although kings may have pheasants as well, even though the former is a profession not possession.

13. wildirishman64

wildirishman64 6 pointer

Dec 21, 2013
    Owsley County KY
    All I care about is my kids education and employment. All politicians suck in my opinion, using all of us as their pawns! Don't buy into it guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    Unless the republicans intentionally screw this up, I believe they'll take control of the senate.

15. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Them being quiet before a difficult election cycle doesn't mean they aren't still gun haters. Liberals can never be truthful about what they really want to do and win elections. They always use watered down rhetoric to win the moderates and calm what's left of the conservative Democrats.