2014-15 ky elk draw is posted!!!

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by Rage2, May 7, 2014.

1. "Going to start" :)

2. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Congrats to all drawn .

I can tell you from going with my daughter last year on her bull hunt it's an amazing experience. Which I may never draw a tag myself but I'm honestly content & blessed to have been there by her side .

I also suggest to anyone drawn ... if there's anyway financially possible .... book with a guide / outfitter as soon as possible. Unless you happen to be local and have access to land with elk . Which I don't want to sound like I'm promoting any outfitter but just relaying that we went with LMO and she took a great bull and they treated us like family .

It alleviates a bunch of worry on your part not to mention the aspect of taking care of the animal which can be a major undertaking on such huge critters in fairly rugged terrain . Which like most everyone when my daughter was drawn not necessarily the best timing financially for us with her college expenses but no doubt a hunt of a lifetime thats hard to overlook. So we did what we had to do to make it happen .. and glad we did .

Again .. Congrats on a hunt of a lifetime in your near future .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Major tip! That will be a hard tip to top for sure. Congrats to everyone that drew a tag this year and good luck on your hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. cobbhunts

cobbhunts 12 pointer

Mar 18, 2004
    richmond, ky, USA.

I bet you apply next year!! There's no reason to give up. And why stoop to the level of a poacher? Its all for a chance. There's no guarantee.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

5. COWKILLER2009

COWKILLER2009 6 pointer

May 11, 2010
    KNOTT CO, KY
    Congrats to everyone who drew a tag!! No luck here in the Thornsberry house but theirs always next year... :) And I wanted that bull tag pretty bad too lol.

6. 392hunter

392hunter Fawn

Dec 13, 2009
    northern ky
    Does anyone know the true odds of winning this? Seven years in a row and no luck. Even when they started the " pick your weapon, pick your sex " I have picked cow bow and bull bow. Still nothing.

7. elkguy

elkguy 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2004
    They bought landowner tags. They were not drawn.

8. silentdeathtx4

silentdeathtx4 Spike

Oct 23, 2010
    Cumberland Ky
    Im getting tired of this, I think it should be resident only, Im tired of out of staters getting to hunt and I live here with elk in my yard and never get a chance.

9. jdattilo

jdattilo 6 pointer

Feb 17, 2005
    Louisville
    If it's one in 150 or something to draw a bull gun tag, you can't really say you're behind the eight ball until you've missed out 150 times. Even if the odds are 1-12 on cow bow, coming up blank for 12 years or more would not necessarily be a statistical anomaly.

I don't get the sentiment on not taking a $10 chance. Somebody's going to win. Might as well be you.

10. jdattilo

jdattilo 6 pointer

Feb 17, 2005
    Louisville
    I also can report that people in elk country should be on the lookout for a Red S10 this season. It's certain to be blocking gates and creating havoc throughout Eastern Kentucky.

11. pikey24

pikey24 Fawn

May 7, 2014
    12 year old daughter drew bull tag in 2012 then I drew bull tag next year, hunted both years with lmo, can't go wrong with those guys, they know where the elk are. both applied for cow tags this year, no tags drawn, may never get drawn again and ok with that, would like to see kdfw increase the number of youth tags, really only 10, can't see why that can't be 100 these
    children are the future of this sport.

12. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    ONCE AGAIN every since it started the Elk hunt, SORRY really really has gotten old.

13. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    That's me. Honestly Im very happy for the folks drawn and Im not one bit jealous of the folks drawn multiple times and I in no way think its rigged but I do get tired of that "sorry" message.

Good luck to you folks that got drawn. :) Someone take pity on me and trade me some elk meat :eek:

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  14. BP1992

BP1992 Banned

Dec 31, 2010
    It was proven to be rigged last year.

15. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    I totally agree with having more kid tags. I dont have any kids who put in for it yet but i would love to see more kid tags regardless of me and mine. But normally kids dont bring the major funds they want so i guess thats why i dunno. Maybe they are just slow. But you would think for every 2 adult tags they would allow at leadt 1 kid tag.

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk