2013 ml opener report

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by lobuthunter, Oct 19, 2013.

1. bigukcatfan

bigukcatfan 8 pointer

Nov 18, 2009
    Somewhere
    Nothing this morning but seen two does this evening. Father in law found a cedar tree that was shredded on the other side of the hill.

2. COOTKILLER2020

COOTKILLER2020 6 pointer

Feb 26, 2013
    A glass case of emotion
    2does at 7:45 am only one made it out ! :eagerness: meat for the freezer and a goose egg tonight

3. huckleberry

huckleberry 6 pointer

Jun 21, 2010
    Hardin Springs
    Nephew just texted, he saw 3 does. Cap popped on both, thinks his powder got wet. Gonna try again tomorrow.

4. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Small bucks and several does that the bucks kept runnig out of the plot...Pigs.

Watched a 6 and an 8 lock up for a little pushing session.

5. Roaster

Roaster Spike

Jul 28, 2013
    Two young bucks chasing does this morning(total of 6). Skunked this evening. Found zero trees with acorns.

6. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Well, I freaking missed:mad: had 2 does come in at 7 when I was getting ready go see if anything was in another field. 2 came into some ear corn I had out about 50 yards away. They kept standing in front of each other so waited a few minutes. Finally got an open shot and took it. Didn't see it hit because of the smoke and they took off up the hill, thought I heard a tumble but no dying noises I guess you could call it. Waited about 20 minutes and went to look for blood and the body. Well after an hour of searching all over, found neither.... I think I must have shot over her is my only thought, was out there literally all day long just to miss. Think I might go quadruple check again in the morning just to be sure but I'm pretty sure I missed, which really sucks

7. redlickranch

redlickranch 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    Saw a four point this afternoon. Little action....

8. Steven Buckley

Steven Buckley 6 pointer

Apr 20, 2007
    Floyd County
    Hunted again this evening, saw a small what I think was a 8 point, nice body small rack! Nothing else

9. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Rained way more than forecasted in Scott today. Gave it a break midday for lunch as it continued to rain hard. Started to go this afternoon but windy and I was cold and wet. Went on home. Will try tomorrow if I can get myself up.

10. Very good evening hunt. Saw deer from 3 till dark. 11 does total and a big seven point. He chased two does and grunted when scent checking them. Very nice first hunt from the tower stand. Beautiful day to be alive and in the woods!!!

11. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    Good evening hunt for me but a heart breaker saw 3 bucks chasing does and the last one was about 150 inch about 100 yards away about 50 yards out of bow range. Pre rut getting started from what I saw. I saw 13 deer total, good night.

12. lobuthunter

lobuthunter 6 pointer

Aug 18, 2011
    north logan
    Just had two bucks pushing each other around one was a tall spike the other i didn't get a good look at but could tell he was just past his ears wide

13. deerhunter5

deerhunter5 Spike

Nov 16, 2010
    Just seen a small 10 point and 2 does, so far this morning has been pretty good.

14. deerhunter5

deerhunter5 Spike

Nov 16, 2010
    Just seen 8 more and one was a spike the rest does

15. lobuthunter

lobuthunter 6 pointer

Aug 18, 2011
    north logan
    Tagged two does this morning after seeing three bucks two spikes and one that id really like to get a better look at