2013 ml opener report

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by lobuthunter, Oct 19, 2013.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    May not have been your fault man. Some replacement nipples are a bit larger than factory nipples and it makes it hard to seat the cap..Some guys clean them up with emery cloth so the cap will seat better..Dont feel bad, Ive been there too.

2. mustanginky

mustanginky 6 pointer

Sep 25, 2011
    louisville KY
    Saw 11 deer this morning, no bucks. Tried to shoot the second doe I saw, primer went off, powder didn't. Just my luck. Wasn't ale to get a shot at any of the other deer.

3. Steven Buckley

Steven Buckley 6 pointer

Apr 20, 2007
    Floyd County
    3 does here in Floyd county, cool this morning and dreary.

4. deerchaser_1

deerchaser_1 6 pointer

Jul 27, 2008
    glad I had the blind been raining all morning

5. Highbow

Highbow Cyber-Hunter

Dec 16, 2001
    Johnson County, Ky.
    IN my stand just a little way off Paintsville Lake, saw nothing but bushy tails and two hunters, heard two shots within 1/4 mile

6. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Rain is slowing down, just saw two doe get up off the hillside and shake off the water

7. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Saw 3 bucks this morning. One nice 8 and a smaller 8 came in and ate out of the cornpile together

8. bonecollector07

bonecollector07 6 pointer

Sep 12, 2011
    Greensburg Ky
    Saw 13 deer here in Green Co. 3 bucks and 10 does had a small buck dogging a doe grunting at her. Great morning my nephew killed nice 8 pointer.

9. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    It's been raining for hours, slowing down and someone down the road decided to go shooting, rifle blast after blast.

10. Xcal1ber

Xcal1ber 12 pointer

Jul 16, 2011
    Couple ridges over
    Saw 5 or 6 deer here in Knox County this morning, but none was bucks the best I could tell (it was foggy as crap). Still a fun morning and never rained a drop. I also checked a camera today and had a couple new bucks move in that I have never seen before. The rut is getting really close boys!

11. ebfarmer

ebfarmer 6 pointer

Nov 22, 2003
    Cave City, Ky, USA.
    Saw three does together. Picked out the biggest and shot her. Reloaded after hearing her crash in the woods. About the time I got reloaded another doe comes walking up the hill so I shot her too. Found them both and the freezer will look better now. I'm tagged out with firearms and will be bowhunting and trying to help the boys kill something the rest of the season.

12. Martybthree

Martybthree 6 pointer

Aug 7, 2013
    Saw 12 does and a buck this morning. Bow hunted last night and saw 10 does and
    2 bucks and a big group of turkeys. So glad to see consistent movement. Interesting thing
    Noticed was hunting a big bean field and only saw 1 of the 20ish deer stop and eat. The rest
    Were just cruising. Each buck I saw had a single doe in tow. After a few adult beverages last night at
    The cabin one of the guys talked me into using his black powder revolver pistol this morning. It's a weird
    Feeling holding a pistol as deer came in. Finally got one at 20 yards. Sighted the gun, pulled the trigger and click.
    Nothing! Tried again with no luck. When we got back in tried different caps and it fired fine. While in the cabin we had a
    Doe come out of the woods 50yds away. Got the black powder rifle and took a shot. Missed! Just wasn't my day but any day in the woods is better than most. The wife is heading out with me in the morning. Maybe she'll have better luck

13. I elected to stay in this morning with a sick baby. She's still not feeling well. Nephew hunted near by and saw 2 does and spike. Letum go. I'll be headed out soon.

14. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I haven't seen a dang buck in a couple weeks, wondering where the hell they all went.

15. hotdog

hotdog 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    Pike Co.,Ky
    Saw 4 does about 11:00 here in Pike Co. and heard two tom turkeys goblin half the morning...Checked my cams and most of the deer have been moving at night or right at dark...The elk have been coming in every evening..Got pic's of a good bull still running with several cows.