2013 ml opener report

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by lobuthunter, Oct 19, 2013.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Desperatly needing a doe for the freezer but since this is zone 4 Im outta luck this weekend.

2. atadbad

atadbad 6 pointer

Oct 11, 2004
    2 Does @ 50 yards early this morning

3. DRS

DRS Banned

Mar 3, 2010
    Kentucky
    I didn't go this year. Right now it is pouring rain and when it clears off there's a FULL MOON. Drove to town very early this Saturday morning well before sunrise and saw two Doe cross the road, headed for my back field.

4. WaterDog88

WaterDog88 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    Heard a few shots early this morning in Scott. I packed my bow, got down about 9:30 when the rain picked up. Saw deer by the road on the way to my spot, but nothing from the stand.

5. anvil

anvil 6 pointer

Sep 27, 2009
    I have a salt lick 120 yards from the house , Ive been keeping it up for 4 or 5 years now and never once done any deer hunting .. The deer around here dont pay much mind to us because we dont bother them that was until 10:30 this morning the wife is making breakfast and i let the dog out (to pee ) and there she stood liking away on that salt block , I told the wife there is one now! so I went into the living room got my Muzzle loader took 2 steps onto the deck leaned against the house and shot. Still in my Pj's man that rain was cold on my back it almost took my breath away . I stayed focus on my task at hand and pulled the trigger . The deer jumps 10 feet strait up in the air runs a small circle and starts to hoble across the road and down to the sink hole it stayed for a minute and then worked her way back up the other side still hobling along into the sink hole behind the first . It has more hony suckle in it it looked like she went in there to lie down .. that was at 10:30 this morning and My son and i are going out now to see if i can find her.. Will post pics if i get her..
    My first deer in ten years..

6. Eliminator

Eliminator Fawn

Sep 20, 2013
    Nothing so far today.. Sitting in a blind now as the rain is starting to fall lightly..nicholas co.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

7. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    First time ever muzzleloading. Borrowed gun from uncle on Thursday night. He loaded it for me. I have never shot one before. 3 does in at daylight about 125 yards...too far. he said 100 was max (just open sights). 9:00 2 does run in front of me at 50 yards. Pulled the hammer back, squeezed and click! (my worst fear and why I have never bought one). waited 5 seconds, looked down at the primer, pulled hammer back, and tried again. Went off this time but missed at 70 yards. Front sight took up the whole deer.

I felt like Long Rifle in "The Last of the Mohicans" though lol. I left at 9:30....beat the rain by about 5 minutes

8. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    That sucks, sorry. Same cap? sounds like it wasn't seated down on the nipple if its the same cap?

9. bigredhunter

bigredhunter 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2012
    Boyle County
    5 hunters on two farms. Saw nothing. Raining decent now.

10. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Beginning to wonder if people are bored and just making up some stories or what. Still raining here, just took a little nap, wish my blind was bigger so I could spread out on the ground haha

11. deerhunter5

deerhunter5 Spike

Nov 16, 2010
    Seen a doe about a hour ago here in magoffin county. But that's all I've seen so
    Far.

12. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Yes, same cap. Pushed it down as hard as I could. Not a good intro to ML'g that's for sure. Still may get an Optima later though

13. anvil

anvil 6 pointer

Sep 27, 2009
    12:31 Track it the best I could but found no blood I guess i messed ..

14. scrape

scrape 8 pointer

Jul 24, 2003
    Manchester, ky.
    11 deer this morning 3 bucks and 8 doe. One buck was a nice young 8, good potential if no one takes him this season. Wind starting to pickup a bit, but no rain yet. Oh, did hear a few of those semi-auto muzzleloaders this morning.:0

15. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    So did I on the shooting. About 80 yards away from me and across the river is a mini range. Why he felt compelled to start at 9:30 this weekend I don't know