2013 Blue Grass Army Hunting Info

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by thumper, Jul 4, 2013.

1. dinkman

dinkman 6 pointer

Mar 19, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    I think it said by September 12 th hoytman.

2. B Hicks

B Hicks 12 pointer

Sep 29, 2006
    Lancaster, KY
    I got my packet yday for muzzleloader Nov 16th. Didn't know I had been drawn. I'm in area C as well.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  3. ward17

ward17 Fawn

Aug 19, 2011
    Got drawn for Area B

To those asking about C I hunted C 2 years ago. Saw lots of deer and had 1 that was probably legal but he was too close to call. Had good deer movement throughout the day. Had a guy from an adjacent area come still hunting right through the area where I was seeing most of the deer coming from. Things slowed down after that but overall it was a good hunt and I was happy with the area. I know at least two other guys in C area got nice deer that year.

4. kingtutt

kingtutt 6 pointer

Sep 26, 2006
    Central KY
    I have a couple of questions about the forms that are required to be filled out and returned. My 12 year old son was drawn for the youth muzzle loading hunt on BGAD and I have found a couple of contradictory requirements in the forms. First, how much is the fee that you are supposed to mail in? The first page of the informational packet says that they require a "$35 non-refundable fee" while the "Deer Hunt Confirmation Sheet" (which is one of the forms you fill out and return) says the fee is $50. Second question, when are these forms to be returned? The first page states to "Complete ALL enclosed forms and mail them along with the required fee BY 5 September......", the "Deer Hunt Confirmation Sheet" states that the forms must be RECEIVED by the 5th of September. The date shouldn't be an issue, however, with the holiday this weekend, it could become an issue.

5. Hoytman87

Hoytman87 6 pointer

Aug 19, 2013
    Laurel County
    Well found out I got area E for the Muzzleloading hunt anyone know anything about that area or have ever hunted it?

6. Alpha Dodge

Alpha Dodge 6 pointer

Aug 8, 2011
    Hustonville, Ky
    We got area E also.

7. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    I was up to the BGAD last week and talked with the land manager. The fee is $50. If some packets are slow arriving, don't fret. He is a 1 man show after all the budget cuts so his workload is high

.refundable fee" while the "Deer Hunt Confirmation Sheet" (which is one of the forms you fill out and return) says the fee is $50

8. Hoytman87

Hoytman87 6 pointer

Aug 19, 2013
    Laurel County
    Have you heard anything about Area E Alpha Dodge?

9. 44mag

44mag 6 pointer

Sep 21, 2005
    irvine
    im a guide for area "c" pm for any questions be glad to help as much as possible....as far as c its thick but there are several shooters runnin around the area prolly not the best but its not the worst either.....me and the 2 other guides will do what we can except for tying one up for ya thats extra ;)

10. justdacehayes

justdacehayes 6 pointer

Oct 19, 2004
    Berea Ky.
    How much extra........:eagerness:

11. krow1325

krow1325 Fawn

Aug 31, 2013
    I got selected for G/H for the muzzleloader hunt. Is there any way to get maps of the area or what part of the Depot is it? Anyone ever hunt that area? Thanks!

12. Chimpy

Chimpy 8 pointer

Jun 29, 2004
    Wilder, ky, USA.
    My buddy and I will be there Oct 26 for the bow hunt, then I will be there the next saturday with my cousin for the youth hunt - both days we are in M/L. Is there one area in BGAD that is considered the best? We hunted M/L 2 years ago during the youth hunt and saw probably 20-30 different deer.

13. mhounshell

mhounshell 6 pointer

Jul 19, 2006
    KY
    Have they drawn for the 2014 spring turkey hunt.

14. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    I have put in for the depot since 2003 never been drawed for bow or gun hunt.....this year is my last year putting in sick of not getting drawed....That place is in all who you know...They need to go to points system......

15. B Hicks

B Hicks 12 pointer

Sep 29, 2006
    Lancaster, KY
    Promise I don't know a soul there Drawn this year for muzzleloader. One time for bow more than 10 years ago.
    All it costs to apply is a stamp. I will apply every year.