2012 buck tag filled

Lost_in_the_woods

6 pointer
Nov 15, 2008
graves county
Well like everyone else I dealt with the wind and warmth this past weekend. Yesterday I had to work but I was determined to get out this morning. I was running a little late but just barely. Just after I got settled in the blind I saw a flash of white as a doe ran by. Fairly certain she was being chased but never really got a good look. Not long after that I saw a few more does come by on the top of the next ridge. Then a couple walked behind me. I kept holding off just hoping something that buck would come in. About 815 I caught movement off to my left and looked through the scope only to find it was a flock of turkey. Not 5 minutes later they all go nuts like they had been spooked. I knew they had not seen me so I kept watching around. I looked to my right and here is a buck moving through some undergrowth. Knew he was a shooter to me as soon as I saw the antlers. He walked straight down an old log road about 30 or so yards from me. I waited for him to hit a really good opening and soon as he was I pulled the trigger. Watched him kick and run about 15 yrds before he wobbled, bounced off a pine tree, and hit the ground. I was excited when I pulled the trigger but even more so when I walked up on him to find he was bigger than I had thought. Wasn't a monster but was a good buck in my book. 2012buck.jpg

Lost_in_the_woods

6 pointer
Nov 15, 2008
graves county
Nice buck man! A shooter is in the eyes of the hunter!! Great story!

Agree there man. All in the guy pulling the triggers eyes what shooter is. Really couldn't believe he was bigger than what I thought. Compared him to one my dad took a few years ago and was almost identical. Once I have the horns back I will compare them to my last biggest to date. Think this one may go bigger.

Latest posts