2010 grand nationals open results

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by jesse, Feb 21, 2010.

1. jesse

jesse Fawn

Mar 2, 2009
    mt sterling ky
    1 mitchell johnston woodhaven
    2 jim pollard southland
    3 shane hendershot zink
    4 scott ellis woodhaven
    5 jesse martin zink

2. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

Great Calling!!

Congrats, to all the callers. Way to go Smoler, you deserved all and more!! Your kee is flat awesome!! Can't wait 'till we're doing some "Snood Smackin'"!!

3. turkeyfan

turkeyfan 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2004
    Richmond, KY
    Where can you find all the results from the contest?

4. FlydownCackler

FlydownCackler 6 pointer

Mar 5, 2009
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Nice Work and Congrats Jesse. You were smokin that call on Saturday and especially Sunday Morning. I really enjoyed your team calling performance and thought you should have definitely placed.

You can also find results on www.dedturkey.com

5. RProwell

RProwell 6 pointer

Feb 26, 2009
    Princeton,Ky
    Good job Jesse,you was on Saturday.Also to Kerry Elliott for placing in the gobbling division.And to WKYHNTR,you done very well for calling in the GNCC for the first time.Scott Holcomb you keep it up and you'll be one of the last five on stage soon enough.Kentucky was well represented.

6. bigfish68

bigfish68 6 pointer

Nov 23, 2009
    Golden Triangle
  7. wkyhunter

wkyhunter 6 pointer

Apr 27, 2005
    Congrats Jesse! Good to see a KY boy in the top 5 again!

8. CHL

CHL 10 pointer

Jul 14, 2008
    Central KY
  9. jesse

jesse Fawn

Mar 2, 2009
    mt sterling ky
    thanks guys it feels great when it all pays off after puttin in alot of hard work and practice and listenin to real turkeys all day and all night. but i think i would rather listen to real turkeys than the radio anyway im eat up with it. awesome job to my turkey killin partner Kerry Elliott in the gobblin im afraid if he does it in the woods were gonna be hangin over somebodys shoulder commin out of the woods!!!.

10. RProwell

RProwell 6 pointer

Feb 26, 2009
    Princeton,Ky
    Jesse I told you Saturday morning if you placed we were having a party,we had celebrities,drinks and girls just for you.About 12 of us even went to the Fuse looking for you and stayed half the nite waiting on you.YOU MISSED OUT.:eek::D

11. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    Jesse, I don't know about the killin partner part but the big E sounds mighty good when he gobbles. I doubt many people could carry him out of the woods over their shoulder though!:D

Congrats to both you guys!

12. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

Fuse!!!

I don't know where you went RProwell, but Jesse stopped by the Fuse for a short visit. He didn't party long, had to rest up for the "Team Calling" on Sun.

13. RProwell

RProwell 6 pointer

Feb 26, 2009
    Princeton,Ky
    That must of been when I took over the dance floor.

14. turkeyman2000

turkeyman2000 6 pointer

Nov 22, 2005
    Paris, Kentucky
    Thanks everyone!! I just went up there and had fun. If the judges liked it, they liked it...if they didn't, they didn't...I was going to have fun whatever way it went. I was super surprised when my name was called. I wasn't thinking I would get up on stage. There were a lot of awesome gobblers in the contest. With the exception of me, all the finalists in the gobbling were either past Grand National gobbling winners or World Champion gobblers. That was Stephan Richardson's third consecutive GN championship (congratulations Stephan, you deserved it). Doug Benefield has won three times. Scott Wilhelm has won once (I believe). And Mark Prudhomme has won the World Championship a couple of times. I feel very blessed to have gotten on stage with such a who's who of turkey gobbling.

I agree with Robert. Kentucky was well represented in the Grand Nationals.

Jesse, I think Marty is right....it would take you, Ricky, Cornbread, and Mitchell to carry my big butt out of the woods...LOL

I'm ready to snap some snoods!!! Bring on turkey season!!!:D