20-21 season thread

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Brsutton86, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Rod S.

Rod S. 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2004
    Pewee Valley, Ky.
    Where I hunt in Harrisburg the locals sent me some pics yesterday of my field full of ducks. A week late on the ducks, snows & specks kept the season interesting.

2. bah1286

bah1286 8 pointer

Jul 29, 2014
    Have had a few places we hunt overrun with ducks the past week. Geese seemed to have moved on unfortunately.

3. OHRIVERHUNTER

OHRIVERHUNTER 8 pointer

Nov 13, 2008
    Clarksville, IN
    Geese were coming of the River and flying low over the house, going out to feed around 11:00 AM

4. Brown Dogs Matter

Brown Dogs Matter 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Found some snows on a local WMA. Could have jumped them, but saw some boys out with a field spread and didn't wanna be "those guys". Will be out there in the morning, though. Also saw some honkers nearby.

5. Low Bird

Low Bird 6 pointer

Apr 4, 2005
    ol man kelsey's crick
    Lots of red heads and cans around! Figures... day late and a dollar short! Have been seeing big groups at Canada’s coming out of the north!

6. OHRIVERHUNTER

OHRIVERHUNTER 8 pointer

Nov 13, 2008
    Clarksville, IN
    sounds like the weather is going to get real serious next week

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  7. Rod S.

Rod S. 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2004
    Pewee Valley, Ky.
    You are right there. Lot of hunters are really struggling there due to the ice, snow & cold. Near 0 temps coming along with 5 in. snow forecasted, predictions to get above freezing next weekend. Bud has a perm spread in semi sheetwater its a mess. Glad I left but getting the urge to go again.

hunt-4-life21 likes this.
  8. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds

Many places within Arkansas had a Winter Storm Warning issued not long ago, while we still remain under only a Winter Storm Watch, at least for the time being. This is their latest:

339 AM CST Sat Feb 13 2021
    URGENT -
    WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
    National Weather Service
    Little Rock AR

...Significant Winter Weather Expected Through Early Next Week...

Randolph-Independence-Lawrence-Cleburne-Jackson-Faulkner-White-
    Woodruff-Saline-Pulaski-Lonoke-Prairie-Monroe-Grant-Jefferson-Arkansas-Cleveland-Lincoln-Desha-Drew-

Including the cities of Attica, Pocahontas, Batesville, Walnut Ridge, Hoxie, Heber Springs, Newport, Conway, Searcy, Beebe, Augusta, McCrory, Cotton Plant, Benton, Bryant,
    Little Rock, North Little Rock, Cabot, Lonoke, Des Arc, Hazen, De Valls Bluff, Brinkley, Clarendon, Sheridan, Pine Bluff, Stuttgart, De Witt, Rison, Kingsland, Star City, Gould, Dumas,
    McGehee, and Monticello

Baxter-Fulton-Sharp-Stone-Izard-

Including the cities of Mountain Home, Cherokee Village, Mammoth Spring, Cave City, Ash Flat, Hardy, Mountain View, Horseshoe Bend, Melbourne, Calico Rock, and Oxford

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST SUNDAY...
    ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON SUNDAY TO MIDNIGHT CST MONDAY NIGHT...

[...more details within link...]​

https://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=pah&wwa=winter storm warning

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  9. OHRIVERHUNTER

OHRIVERHUNTER 8 pointer

Nov 13, 2008
    Clarksville, IN
    if this keeps up Arkansas will turn all the fields white!

10. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Flock of geese just flew over the house. Never saw them only heard them, and they were not Canadians. That's all I know, other than they were very low.

11. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    Several Cans on Barkley!

HeadedWest likes this.
  12. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 8 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    A few showed up to a couple ponds in EKY.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  13. Brown Dogs Matter

Brown Dogs Matter 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    There's a private spread that borders a local WMA - did some digging and the CEO of Autozone owns the place.

Anyway, there are three blinds that can be seen from the road along the 300+ acres this guy owns. Coming back from scouting for geese on the WMA the other day, we saw at least 100 drake cans sitting in the flooded corn.

Rod S. and FOWLER2671 like this.
  14. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    We sat on the rocks this morning hoping the canucks would fly but they sat on the ice with their heads tucked... About 300 yards away... Waders were froze stiff!!

Had one of the old junior killers with me and let him ditch sneak a group of snows, He knocked one blue down and the dog was happy!