2 week Huntcation love from the stand

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by nkyhornhunter, Nov 2, 2015.

1. nkyhornhunter

nkyhornhunter Fawn

Aug 25, 2014
    Through hard work and dilligent planning I have been able to step away from work for the next 2 weeks... Planning to hunt morning and evening with a few all day sits including today untill I get it done. I have some really good deer on camera on 2 different farms inluding 3 Booners. It's been 3 years since I have taken a buck, and it certainly is not due to lack of seat time. I try an follow the 140" rule... I'm hoping this year that one gets my heart pumping because that is about all it's going to take! I'm ready to draw BLOOD!
    I though I would start a thread and give updates and pics as I go. Hopefully this provides some entertainment for the guys stuck at work...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Good luck! Update us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. nkyhornhunter

nkyhornhunter Fawn

Aug 25, 2014
    GOOD start to the morning...Around 725 a 130" 10pt came right underneath me stright to some code blue... I have to admit... In 3 years I have only seen that stuff work like that 3 times...

4. Spring Tom

Spring Tom Spike

Nov 2, 2006
    Florida
  5. nkyhornhunter

nkyhornhunter Fawn

Aug 25, 2014
    Does anyone else HATE hunting with wet leaves on the ground? I just had 2 doe slip by and not make a sound

6. nkyhornhunter

nkyhornhunter Fawn

Aug 25, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Sitting in a little draw that bucks travel to scent check a nearby bedding area (or that's what I tell myself anyway...)

7. Bugman44

Bugman44 Spike

Sep 18, 2013
    Keep updates coming. I tell myself a lot of that stuff too. Self is wrong a lot, but sometimes he gets it right! Good luck !

8. The Truth

The Truth 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2009
    If these are farms that you are trying to manage, shooting for a set score will bite you. I did that for a while, ended up having a bunch of older 130-140" 8 points running everything else off.

9. nkyhornhunter

nkyhornhunter Fawn

Aug 25, 2014
    The lack of wind is killing me down in this draw... Its swirling everywhere. I had a doe blow from 150 yards or so somewhere behind me. A squirrel building a nest beside me has provided some much needed entertainment though

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Where ya at? Got a valley stand? That's where I'd be heading.

11. nkyhornhunter

nkyhornhunter Fawn

Aug 25, 2014
    In boone co...., I was planning on sitting here all day. I have alot of mid day shooter activity. The geniuses at the weather channel say the wind is supposed to pick up... So I'll put my faith in them once again.... Cant kill 'em from the couch

12. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Nice bow. Like that grip. Good luck.

13. KHNC

KHNC 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2015
    NC
    I hope you end up back at work soon!

Good luck , im sitting at my desk watching it rain in NC.

14. nkyhornhunter

nkyhornhunter Fawn

Aug 25, 2014
    Eww no way! Lol I'm self employed and have been planning this all year... I actually plan to do this every year but it rarely works out... This year the stars aligned and I was able to schedule a few big jobs correctly to pull it off.

Really slow since the buck this morning....

15. KHNC

KHNC 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2015
    NC
    Well, I was meaning after you tagged out of course! :)