2 Duck hunters murdered at Reelfoot

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by CRFmxracer, Jan 26, 2021.

1. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  2. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I am eager to hear the facts of this story. I got all kinds of guesses

3. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    I’ve seen 2 different scenarios. Both say there was an ongoing feud between the 2 parties. One say the boys were hunting a private blind on public land(is that a thing? Public is public) other scenario says the boys shot at swing ducks.

4. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    rumor yesterday was that the shooter had been killed in a shootout with COs. This morning, News 5 out of west TN is saying he is still on the run. This was posted 4 hours ago

***BREAKING: THE SEARCH IS ON FOR A PERSON OF INTEREST IN THE DEATH OF TWO YOUNG MEN AT REELFOOT LAKE.
    TBI Special Agents are asking for help from the public in locating a person of interest in the double homicide Monday in Obion County, Tennessee.
    David Vowell, age 70, of Martin is considered armed and dangerous.
    Vowell is the person of interest in the double homicide which occurred around 11 a.m. Monday at Reelfoot Lake.
    As I first reported in an earlier post this is believed to be related to some type of duck hunting incident or disagreement.
    If you have seen Vowell or know where he may be located call 1-800-TBI-FIND.
    According to the TBI, the victims are Chance Black, age 26, and Zachery Grooms, age 25, both of Weakley County.
    If you were on or near the north end of Reelfoot Lake and heard or saw anything that might help Agents in this investigation, call 1-800-TBI-FIND.
    THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO THE FAMILIES.

5. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Supposedly his truck and boat were found. I’ve heard he was last seen in the water so people are thinking he drowned

6. Bee

Bee 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Mixer...are you aware there are already several pages on this issue in another very active topic , suggest the topics be merged....

1wildcatfan likes this.
  7. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    No where at?