2 buck limit

May 6, 2017
Bowling Green
This is great reading. So Kentucky is becoming a better place to shoot big bucks or worse? I can filter through everything.

Kentucky is a Top 5 state for big whitetails and is trending rapidly toward being #1. Yes... let's change something. In fact let's change the #1 factor within the control of the KDFWR that has had the most to do with the state's meteoric rise as a top whitetail state. This is clearly a great idea based upon solid reasoning, common sense and understanding of human nature. It only stands to reason that by killing more bucks we will have more older bucks. I can't understand why someone didn't think of this sooner. Congrats.

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
This is great reading. So Kentucky is becoming a better place to shoot big bucks or worse? I can filter through everything.
That is what some are claiming. You see if we had a two buck rule you could kill that little dink buck then tell all of your buddies you had killed a buck. Now with an extra tag you can go after that monster trophy. If it get down to the end of the season an you haven't killed your trophy, you could kill another dink an brag to your buddies that you killed two bucks.

Todd H

6 pointer
Nov 7, 2011
South Central, KY
I don't care what size rack a buck has period and the current system is not broke so lets not try and fix it. EVERY deer.. buck or doe I take is a trophy to me and that's all that matters!! Do I hunt for a good buck? Of course I do but a basket rack 4 pt is just as good to me. Its the time in the woods, the enjoyment of nature and time with my brother. Just like the rest of the world some hunting attitudes are ridiculous anymore. If you want to hunt trophy's only..great and I wish you the best of luck. We each have different needs, wants and desires so do what makes you happy, who cares what someone thinks about it!

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Threads/post I would like to see die in this forum...
1. 2 buck limit
2. Turkey season too early
3. To bait or not to bait

There's plenty more but killing these off would be a great start. For us long time folks seeing these season after season has gotten old. With this being said...
1. I'd be happy with one buck since I haven't killed one since 2012.
2. Couple weeks earlier wouldn't hurt a thing
3. If it's legal then go for it.
;)