15 horses shot in eastern ky

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by CRFmxracer, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Sounds like some of the four wheeler trails

2. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    I haven't been on any of them, but it looks like Christmas ornaments were the hang them in the trees rider high!
    Even if you find a resting area with garbage cans they still just pitch them on the ground.
    I know it's not right but I think you kind of expect that kind of behavior from people who try to destroy twenty thousand dollar toys, nature people you would think would try to keep it clean and beautiful.
    But from what I've seen horse people are trashy as hell.

Junglekat, Dark Cloud and littlebear like this.
  3. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 8 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    The drunken cowboy drank bud lite in the aluminum canister cans and he packed the empties out.

The drunken four wheelers left a beer can about every 50 yards, Doritos bags, candy bar wrappers.

G

4. coach&hunt

coach&hunt 6 pointer

Dec 17, 2013
    Kentucky
    Yea they probably in trouble! Lol where my ex wife lived in Floyd county there were hundreds of free range cattle and horses on the strip mine her father owned land next to, ate his garden each year and we about died in fourwheelers once, come around the bend and there is 40 cattle.

5. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky

6. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Two things continue to bother me about this incident; one being the sloppy media coverage, with the other being that one or more individuals appear to have thought that they could take the law into his/her own hands.

I simply abhor slack journalism, and that problem only continues to become worse with time, as if most have never bothered to read the Journalist's Creed. Fox News picked up a story three days ago, printed by the Associated Press, which states that 15 horses were killed along U.S.23, "near" the Floyd-Pike County Line (Associated Press picked that up from a WYMT-TV, which is a CBS affiliate), and that six more were found "near" a strip mine, adding that it was unclear when the six additional horses were found. The Sherrif originally stated that horses were found shot "on", not "near" a strip mine, and the nice dispatch officer whom I spoke with in Prestonsburg confirmed it. While I understand and most certainly can appreciate that the area does not need reporters and others traipsing around fouling crime scenes, it continues to annoy me that many entities appear to be incapable of printing facts. I will be glad when a formal police report is eventually made available to the public, for it all, and I may even make some additional calls, before that time...

As for the law, I hope that officers soon determine precisely what took place, and any/all needing to be brought forth occurs, so that justice may potentially be facilitated. Kentucky cannot properly function, when citizens believe that they can take matters into their own hands, without respect for current laws. If everyone did so, anarchy would exist, which is not good for peace.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  7. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 8 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    "As for the law, I hope that officers soon determine precisely what took place, and any/all needing to be brought forth occurs, so that justice may potentially be facilitated. Kentucky cannot properly function, when citizens believe that they can take matters into their own hands, without respect for current laws. If everyone did so, anarchy would exist, which is not good for peace."

Ill bet Lewis county isn't much different than the rest of rural Kentucky. In Lewis county it is said that you can get away with murder. In the short year that I have been here I have actually witnessed this to be true. I wouldn't count on justice being carried out for some nuisance, feral animals.

G

8. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 8 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    "Not in LBL!"

I'm sure that this feller just wanted to impress upon me what a respectful trespasser he is.

G

9. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Normally, I would agree with you, but this has gotten international attention now. People from all over are pledging donations to make the reward even higher.

10. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Being that, as you put it, "nuisance feral animals" have purportedly been linked to five dead horses allegedly having broken fence and belonging to a man, puts quite a bit more pressure upon authorities to locate the individual(s) having gone ballistic with firearm(s). For all we know at this point, said man's property may have been trespassed upon, causing his livestock to break fence, tracked and then shot while escaping onto the mine, and the others were taken out, as well. Perhaps one or more individuals had a non-related issue with said man, going after his personal property.

The incident may have had absolutely nothing to do with "nuisance feral animals", initially. We do not know. I do know that if anyone ever shot and killed any of my livestock having broken fence, I would personally be all over him/her with any/all assistance provided, and that is a fact. It was reported that said man is the one having contacted the sherrif.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  11. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    How can any of us even know if the 5 horses “broke the fence “ and got out. All info is 2nd hand anyways. I’ve had livestock all my life and rarely do they get out. If so they are back up very quick and fence fixed where it happened. Guys fence could have been in poor shape were they could just walk out. He may have just been letting them stay out to graze on mine property. None of us on this site know just all speculation. Ive been eky many times and those horses are a problem. My opinion is if you are going to let your horse just free range on anyone’s property then you don’t care much for it plain and simple.

12. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    No need to be a prick! You ever been to LBL to wranglers horse trails?
    I'm sure you haven't or you would know.

13. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Anyone know where I can get some cheap dog food? :D

bigbonner, Feedman and Meatstick like this.
  14. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Exactly ,freeloading

Feedman and littlebear like this.
  15. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Should be able to find some good handle material , on them strip jobs.

Feedman and barney like this.