$15 an hour????

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wildcat, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Looks like Sanders will NOT pay his own workers that much and has gone to the Union excuse of "working out a deal" which takes time.

BS, Sanders staffers are not unionized. He's just using that as an excuse so he does not have to pay $15. He knows he will be gone from the race in a few weeks so he doesn't want to get stuck having to pay what he preaches.

https://www.profitconfidential.com/...minimum-wage-but-wont-pay-staffers-that-much/

2. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    Pot meet kettle, typical Lib.

bondhu likes this.
  3. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Hypocrites, racist and lairs.........it's all these people are, and will ever be at this point.

4. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Have you ever heard of a campaign UNION?????

I never have in all the years I've been following politics. The union cannot last. Once a person decides to run he starts to put together a small campaign looking for money, there is nothing to pay anybody except maybe 2 or 3 people until later once the donators start to come in and that is a big IF they start to come in. The money starts to FALL off if that person starts to drop in the polls. Some leave early, one Democrat has already dropped out and others will soon start to follow because they do not have the money. Once the primaries start then they start to drop out fast until there is just one left. How does a union fit into something that has no idea how long they will be in business???????? Most all of them finish in the red. In 2008 Hillary finished in the red and Obama told her his campaign would pay her bills and he would support her in 2016.

Sorry but like I said before I call BS on Sanders. He's just trying to make a good spin on this because he GOT CAUGHT.

5. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    The fact of the matter is no matter what they make minimum-wage it will still be minimum-wage. Every time they raise the minimum-wage I and everyone else make less.

Hows that you say? Well when they rase minimum wage those that make more than minimum wage do not get an increase. But when more is required to pay cheap labor those who sell products and services in turn rase cost of sale items and services to offset the added cost of labor to keep there bottom line profitable. The rest of the working force then in turn has less to spend on non essentials due to the new added cost of essential.

These overpayed over privlaged tards in the House dont have a clue. If the cheap labor force wants more money let them learn a trade or get a useful education
    “AKA not a Libral Arts Degree” and let the younger generation work those minimum-wage jobs while the new minimum-wage force works there way through school to beter them selves.

They can’t cry that they can’t afford to learn a trade or get a degree because the had working class fronts the bill for those who cant aford it every flipping day. There are grants for low income and single partents that cover school, child care, sometimes housing and even help with travel.

How do I know this? Because while I had to borrow money every semester and put books and supplys and gas on my credit cards when my Wife was in school because I made better than minimum-wage 70% of the people that were in her program were there on a free ride because they were single parents or low income.

Even a Sno Flake can learn a trade or earn a degree that can be used to earn a desent wage. I have to work with them every day so yes even a Snow Flake can better them selves. I’m not saying they are easy to work with but they can get hired.

Those in the Hose dont want to raise minimum-wage to better the low income they just want to bring the rest of us down a notch or three.

Rant Over

bondhu and carnivore like this.
  6. This is pretty dang funny right here lmao! The resident ‘turd’s man proving our point for us lololololol!

F089E52D-14AF-4E42-88B8-5E1DC75EB74E.png

7. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Bolshevik Bernie is nothing but a grifter and scum.

8. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Here's proof that capitalism works:

Restaurants Sweeten Pay and Perks to Find Scarce Workers
    By Heather Haddon
    thestar.com — Restaurants are sweetening pay packages and adding perks like more scheduling flexibility to attract and retain workers in the tightest job market in decades. Waiting tables and operating deep-fryers has long been some of the lowest-paid work in the U.S., and a rite of passage for students during the summer. This year, with unemployment at the lowest level in decades, restaurants are finding fewer students and lower-skilled workers willing to take those jobs.

(I'll try to post the rest of the article once I find it on a non-subscription source.)

9. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 6 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    As crazy as $15 sounds, one of the other 4 said it should be $20.Stupid is as stupid does.

10. rlb165

rlb165 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
  11. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    ^^^^^^Nice one ,sir^^^^^^

12. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    You can already get this at Little Caesars.

Pizza Hut to test out system where customers never have to interact with an actual person

By Michael Hollan | Fox News

Pizza Hut is testing out a way for customers to get pizza without ever having to talk to another person.

The company will be testing out a digital cubby system at one of its locations in Hollywood, Calif. Customers will be able to order a pizza ahead of time and then pick it up from the appropriate cubby when they arrive at the restaurant.

[​IMG]
    Once an order is ready, customers can pick it up from the latched cubby that has their name displayed on it. (Pizza Hut)

The cubby system was designed to be an “easy alternative for time-strapped carryout customers,” Nation’s Restaurant News reported, adding that it won’t replace the traditional in-store experience but work alongside it.

The system is expected to work with orders made through the Pizza Hut app, along with orders made through the website or in-store.

In a statement to Fox News, Nicolas Burquier, chief customer and operations officer for Pizza Hut U.S. for Pizza Hut said, “So many people live on-the-go and don’t have time to wait in line, especially in urban areas. And let’s face it, many of us welcome any opportunity to skip the small talk. So, we took it upon ourselves to introduce this seamless and innovative carryout experience that eliminates the lines, the wait and the conversation, allowing you to literally just grab a fresh, hot pizza and go.”

[​IMG]
    The cubbies will reportedly have special insulation to keep food nice and warm.

The system will reportedly have 12 cubbies. Once an order is ready, customers can pick it up from the latched cubby that has their name displayed on it.

The initial test site will start using the cubbies in late July, Nation’s Restaurant News reports. Additional cities are expected to add the system in 2020, but specific locations haven’t been revealed yet.