13 NOV Chosen Frozen Roll Call

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by theprofessor, Nov 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    What kinda horn you seeing??
    I remember you were letting 120's and such walk last year.

2. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Son just went back for the rest of the day.

3. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    Just in today for an evening sit . Jumped one coming in no idea what it was but it was on its feet so that's positive.

4. nateb440

nateb440 8 pointer

Nov 8, 2011
    Had one of those days in the woods that make you actually like sitting in the cold. Had a flock of turkey work through. One of the hens was a smoke phase which is always cool to see. Then I had 4 doe walk by at about 40 yards. I heard a deer coming up from below. Sure enough it was a buck checking out their trail. He was a decent 10 pointer. He checked the trail didn’t find what he was looking for and walked back down. I grunted him back up because I was still debating on whether or not to shoot him. He decided for me by never giving me w clear shot. Had another small buck run down the same trail after the does. Saw a total of 16 deer. Absolutely perfect morning. I had to get down and go to work at 11:00. So I let my gun down. Then when I got down I had to go to the bottom side of the tree to retreave my rattling horns. With my gun hanging 6 feet behind me I see a Doe staring right at me at 30 yards. She was with a fawn and another doe. We stared off for a few minutes until I started waving an antler at her. She never blew. On the way up the ridge I saw 5 more deer. Including another doe with her fawn. This is the strangest year for my woods. Nothing seems hot. Lots of deer. But they’re acting like it’s late October instead of mid November. Hated to leave.

carnivore likes this.
  5. turkeyfan

turkeyfan 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2004
    Richmond, KY
    Back in stand in Scott Co. saw 3 does on way into stand. Hoping this evening is going to be one of those times you was sure glad to be in the woods. Good luck to all.

6. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Son been in stand since 1 5 Doe 2 little Bucks. A 6 and a spike. Would love to see him get the big ten.

7. 1wildcat1

1wildcat1 Fawn

Aug 4, 2018
    Kentucky
    In in scott nothing yet

8. good evening yesyerday,today is sucking in, greenup co

9. mac0492

mac0492 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    Another day gone... I did manage to see a decent buck, looked like an 8, on the trail of a doe. He was grunting every 3-4 steps. I couldn’t get him to stop to get a better look. He was running late for a date I think

10. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 10 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    So this die hard bird hunter decided to go after deer this year. Today was the first day I could get off work so I went out and braved the cold. Was not that bad once the sun was up. Only saw one deer. Think it was an 8 but may have been a big 6. Was not really counting points as I was not even expecting to see a buck and would have been happy with a doe. Took a shot at about 75 yards and missed. Deer had no idea where I was and ran right at me. Stopped about 30 yards and turned broadside to look back the way he came. Figured no way I miss this time. I was wrong. Can't believe I missed a shot that close. Also kicking myself for thinking no way did I need more than 2 rounds loaded as he stopped and gave me another look before cresting the ridge. Kicking myself up and down over it. Was hoping for just a doe giving it was my first attempt at deer. Was tickled to see a buck but cannot believe I missed. Rifle was sighted in at 100 yards and I get all shots within a pie plate but the scope is fairly cheap. Wondering if I hit it on the walk in and messed it up or something.

Outside of the horrible shooting it was a good day to be in the woods even with the cold. Had a tom turkey walk in on me to about 40 yards and a coyote about ran me over running through the woods. He got to about 10 yards before he spotted me and turned. Almost lit him up but that was after the buck and just figured I'd miss and end up wasting a round.

Live and learn I guess. Rather miss altogether than wound and never recover him.

11. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 10 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    Also, if anyone has any does need thinning on their land give me a call. Public land is a PITA.:D

12. Grago

Grago 12 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Dont know what made you miss but 2 very common mistakes is pulling your head up to fast to see if you rather than follow thru another is a hard trigger can pull you off i personally cannot shoot a hard trigger everything i have has a hair trigger even my pumps i would say tho first chance you get would shoot it on paper again

woodsman92 likes this.
  13. Seen a pic of a monster killed in lewis co,either yesterday or today

14. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Didn’t hunt today. Had to go to Booneville. Saw some does bedded on a point in the snow with the sun hitting them. Beautiful. Then coming home right at dark I had a small 6 or 8 cross the road in front of me on Pine Ridge. I wasn’t hunting but I saw 2 does and a buck today and got paid for it. Can’t beat that. Forgot to mention that a friend sent me a pic today of a really big 8 killed in Wolfe county this morning.

15. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Had this interesting 6 pt at 35 yds. No brow tines.
    PhotoPictureResizer_191113_201720465_crop_1639x1159-819x579.jpg
    Screenshot_20191113-185717_Gallery.jpg

hotdog and xbokilla like this.