11/20 roll call

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I’m just now seeing birds! Haven’t even seen a squirrel and they’re usually trying to climb in the blind!

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
My current struggle, they both want to go, but it’s exponentially harder to take both than just one… Also I feel guilty picking one, so I usually take both, but they definitely don’t get to go as much because of it.
It is a little easier on me this year, the oldest got his first deer in the late muzzle loader season last year. The little one feels its his turn and his brother is a little bit understanding. They both understand there is only room for two chairs in the blind. But if they both want to go I can take one and there Granny can take the other to a box blind and if it takes much longer for him to get one down thats what we will be doing.

Ezelkyhunter

10 pointer
Nov 28, 2013
How in the world do you forget your boots? Leave the house barefoot?

I’m not what you would call a smart man first off. I’ve been called naive and worse for getting up on the colder mornings just to sit in a tree and freeze and that clearly ain’t too bright (especially if you saw my trail cam pics but dang it hope springs eternal and old mossy horn might wander by Bc it’s the rut).

But I have a pair of boots solely for hunting in that I put them in a plastic tote and put them on when I arrive at spot and change out when I get back to vehicle to leave (and leave unsuccessful 99% of the time). Years ago I read an article about gasoline getting on boots in morning at gas stations etc and that of course isn’t conducive to low impact hunting if you will. I tend to agree on this so since that article I have a pair of boots that I just deer hunt in and take on and off at field when I get to the farm im hunting. So this morning I get up get ready to go out back door and there is my tote that I thought the better half had put there, how sweet I thought. I then Slip on dress shoes and drive slightly over speed limit to get to farm before day light. I’m pumped!!! Today is the day I can feel it. Im pretty positive that even though no shooters on camera a booner (non-Indiana game farm type booner) is gonna pass through. Again, hope springs eternal and I lie to myself about the rut and how it’s “gonna happen”.

I put on all my clothes I get my backpack out get gun out and loaded and then I open the tote. To my surprise the tote ain’t got boots it’s got thanksgiving decorations. I mean turkeystatute for table, table cloth, over 1000 candles it seems and even a pilgrim salt shaker. But no boots as I mistakenly took the tote thinking it was my boot tote for an identical one that was put out.

So in conclusion if and when you think someone has been nice and put your hunting gear out for you I suggest you take a peak to make sure it’s what you think. Otherwise you too may end up hunting with a pilgrim salt shaker and frost bit toes.

ps I am going to take the salt from the pilgrim salt shaker and make a mineral lick maybe

Last edited:

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Another big doe down!
20211120_085914.jpg

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Mom had a deer walk under her, she saw it as it was leaving :) no luck there today. I usually go with her to help spot them.
Still seeing deer in open fields today on road edges.
Fixing to make lunch and get a bath to hit the woods, my daughter wants to see granny and I want hunt. Win win.

Fur Feather

8 pointer
Dec 27, 2002
Lexington, KY, USA.
I’m not what you would call a smart man first off. I’ve been called naive and worse for getting up on the colder mornings just to sit in a tree and freeze and that clearly ain’t too bright (especially if you saw my trail cam pics but dang it hope springs eternal and old mossy horn might wander by Bc it’s the rut).

But I have a pair of boots solely for hunting in that I put them in a plastic tote and put them on when I arrive at spot and change out when I get back to vehicle to leave (and leave unsuccessful 99% of the time). Years ago I read an article about gasoline getting on boots in morning at gas stations etc and that of course isn’t conducive to low impact hunting if you will. I tend to agree on this so since that article I have a pair of boots that I just deer hunt in and take on and off at field when I get to the farm im hunting. So this morning I get up get ready to go out back door and there is my tote that I thought the better half had put there, how sweet I thought. I then Slip on dress shoes and drive slightly over speed limit to get to farm before day light. I’m pumped!!! Today is the day I can feel it. Im pretty positive that even though no shooters on camera a booner (non-Indiana game farm type booner) is gonna pass through. Again, hope springs eternal and I lie to myself about the rut and how it’s “gonna happen”.

I put on all my clothes I get my backpack out get gun out and loaded and then I open the tote. To my surprise the tote ain’t got boots it’s got thanksgiving decorations. I mean turkeystatute for table, table cloth, over 1000 candles it seems and even a pilgrim salt shaker. But no boots as I mistakenly took the tote thinking it was my boot tote for an identical one that was put out.

So in conclusion if and when you think someone has been nice and put your hunting gear out for you I suggest you take a peak to make sure it’s what you think. Otherwise you too may end up hunting with a pilgrim salt shaker and frost bit toes.

ps I am going to take the salt from the pilgrim salt shaker and make a mineral lick maybe
Now that is funny!!

Velvet ears

8 pointer
Nov 6, 2013
West KY
The past week all I have seen is 3 does and 1 small 8pt. Thought it was me or just my location. I have another cornpile out on another part of the farm that hasn't been bothered. Checked that cam today and only thing that was on it was the same deer I have been seeing. You'd think 140 acres would have more than 4 deer on it. I'm telling you the OOS and out of town hunters are killing our area population. CO even told me about the tons of deer they took last year.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
We’re back in for the PM hunt. I’d say last light if we’re lucky which really isn’t last light in these woods but as late as we can see a deer I guess. Although I shouldn’t be shocked, I can’t believe how windy it has been today. Definitely can’t trust a forecast!

BubEastKY

8 pointer
Sep 16, 2016
Sitting here with my oldest daughter. This is only her second year hunting and we’re just hoping for something with antlers! ( she’d gladly take a doe if we weren’t in a zone 4…)

invasion36

10 pointer
Aug 29, 2013
Kenton Co
The wife and I are both in. I got her in the blind with her bow her first sit of the year and she don’t like guns. and I am on the other side of farm in the woods.

Latest posts