11/11/2020

Ash12

10 pointer
Oct 21, 2007
First of all I want to thank all of the Men and Woman who have served. Thank you for your service! I am getting ready to get dressed to head out in Jefferson County. It will most likely be my only bow hunt of the year, and if anything is dumb enough to get within 20 yards of me, its luck could run out very quickly. Anyone else heading out? Good luck and be safe if you are!

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Good luck y’all. Happy Vets Day to any Veterans on here. I got a brother and a sister with a birthday today. Born exactly one year apart. Crazy eh?

kriggs

6 pointer
Jan 23, 2016
Thanks to all the veterans. I'm back up in nelson co. The temperature has dropped a few degrees since I've been in the stand, feels a little better than yesterday.

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
Big salute to all the Veterans and thank you for your service to our country. Everything we enjoy in the outdoors and otherwise is owed to you.
It is pouring the rain here right now. I am going to ride it out in the house until the worst is past before heading out

Recurve77

10 pointer
Aug 7, 2012
A heartfelt Thanks to all of the veterans today. I’m heading out within the hour for what may be an all day sit in Jefferson.

columbia whitetail

10 pointer
Nov 3, 2009
columbia
I’m in the blind in Adair co. Raining here as well. How many of you are hesitant about shooting deer in the rain especially with a bow? Sitting here thinking about that question. I worry about losing the blood trail quick. Now if you see them go down it won’t be a problem. Tell me your thoughts.

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
Not a lot to do at work today so going in late. Bumped a deer in the dark when I was almost to the stand, no big deal. Watched a young grey squirrel try and jump from a treetop to an oak and mis. That ting fell more than 30 ft bounced about 18 inches then jumped onto the oak. Little sucker was stunned, he set there for a good two minutes before shaking it of and headed back up the tree.

Had a spike come through looking for a friend. Other than that its been a slow morning set with lots of squirrel activity.

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
I’m in the blind in Adair co. Raining here as well. How many of you are hesitant about shooting deer in the rain especially with a bow? Sitting here thinking about that question. I worry about losing the blood trail quick. Now if you see them go down it won’t be a problem. Tell me your thoughts.
That's only a decision for you but I don't let rain stop me unless it's just a monsoon. Really depends on the situation.

rcb216

12 pointer
Sep 25, 2005
Robertson Co.
I crossbow hunted few years ago during a monsoon. Had a nice buck surprise me somewhat down wind, wind was swirly in that area about 20 yards. Had his nose up backed out and never got a shot. Just goes to show the rain does not stop or wash away your scent

CRFmxracer

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2010
louisville kentucky
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take – Wayne Gretzky – Michael Scott”