#1 takes a swim

Jayman

6 pointer
Mar 23, 2020
Ky
Pouring the rain most of the day in my neck of the woods. Asked the wife if she wanted to get in the blind this evening and she said it was to nasty and cold. So I went. Had one hen come into the decoys picking around about 6. At around 730 I glance out the side window of the blind and see this tom running down the hill puffed up and head blood red. He runs up behind my Jake decoy sizing him up and I let the tristar bark. He bellys up and goes to flopping. I go out the back of the blind and step around to see him flopping down the bank right in the creek. Had to get in above my knees to fish him out. 10 1/2 inch beard, inch spurs. Guessing about 22lbs hard to tell with him being soaked lol. Pics look awful on a wet bird lol.
Screenshot_20220418-213543_Gallery.jpg

Oldrook

6 pointer
Jul 19, 2020
Soky
Nice bird. Congratulations. Couldn’t believe how many were out in the rain yesterday. Heard more gobbling yesterday in the rain than opening weekend this year and all of last year combined

Jayman

6 pointer
Mar 23, 2020
Ky
Was about to get out of the blind and head to the house. Couldn't believe he came running into the holler that late. They roost on the ridge and feed alot in the holler I was set up in. I did some aggressive calling and I guess he wanted to get with the hen before roost. The Jake decoy had him tore up he was ready for a fight lol

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
Congratulations! Ive packed some wet birds back to the house over the years too. One of the risk of hunting along the creek where the fields meets the timber. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts