#1 B&C state

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jjones, Jul 20, 2012.

1. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

In order to have a buck score anything you have to use one of two systems. B&C or Buckmaster's. It's their system set up the way they want it. They designed it so anytime you put a tape measure to an antler you are using their tool. So the words gross and net would have never been an issue if it wasn't for B&C.
    Other than that, just use the old scoring sustem, # of points.
    When people ask me what my biggest buck scored I tell them the gross score, because I don't believe the net is relevant unless you are trying to enter it into the records of some institution whether it be KDFWR list or what ever other recognition you are seeking.
    No matter how you look at it it's not a Booner until it meets the minumum net score. It's just another great buck that almost made it into the record books.
    It's just a silly comment to state that there are bucks who made it into the B&C records which have smaller antlers than one that did not.

2. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Go to a democratic website and talk about how you don't like Obama or go to a PETA website and proclaim you love a good BTL or burger.
    If you go looking for controversy don't be surprised when you find it.

If you're looking for a hug, you've come to the wrong place.

3. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    Yes, prime rut time in Indiana. My brother was gun hunting with me, while I was bow Hunting. We were on Public Land, so I was wearing my Orange.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  4. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    I can see you know nothing or very little about Deer scoring.

BuckFever please help me out, I know you understand.

Many smaller Bucks will score more than larger Bucks if the smaller Bucks have few deductions, and things like good symetry.

5. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    Okay, then my Buck scored 163 inches Typical gross Score.

Not True, there are plenty of Bucks that score over 160 Typical every year Gross Score, but because of deductions they end up scoring below 160.

There are tons of Bucks killed like this every year, how do you not know this ?

BTW, there are tons of 150 inch bucks that have smaller racks than many 140 inch Bucks. Why can't you understand this ?

The Bucks that have 150 inches, may just have better symetry and less deductions.

Lets say you have two Bucks, one is a 170 inch Buck, and the other is a 160 inch Buck before deductions.

After deductions the 170 inch Buck may Net score 155, and after deductions the 160 inch Buck may Net Score 157.

Now do you see my point ? This happens all the time.

6. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

No Bill, you don't understand. The statement in red is absurd. I mean are we talking about appearance, at first glance or measured ? Because no matter how you slice it, if a rack measures 150" and the other 140" which one is bigger? Answer=150". It's simple math where I come from.

7. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Wrong again. The math doesn't work here. If the bucks you've seen have 165 to 170 inches of scoreable points to begin with and yours only has 163" then how can they be smaller?

8. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    Lets say you have two Bucks, one is a 170 inch Buck, and the other is a 160 inch Buck before deductions.

After deductions the 170 inch Buck may Net score 155, and after deductions the 160 inch Buck may Net Score 157.

Now do you see my point ? This happens all the time.

9. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    Not True. Many people like BuckFever know just what I mean.

10. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

I understand what you are saying about deductions. but for a deer tobe smaller than your 165" gross score to make the book, he would have to gross less than 165" to be smaller right?? then he would have to have less than 5" of deductions. right?? And I am sure there are some. But you can't say that a 170" deer that has 10" of deduction and still makes the book is smaller than yours. That makes absolutley no sense.

11. colvin

colvin 6 pointer

Sep 1, 2010
    Bernadein,

If you want some of the scorn to be thrown at you rather than Bill, you may be on the right track.

Bill,

Your deer is not a Boone and Crockett buck; get over it.

12. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
  13. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    My Buck gross scored 163 inches, after deductions it net scored 155 inches.

What if another hunters Buck also Gross scored 163 inches, but had fewer deductions, and it net scored 161 Typical.

Whose Buck would be bigger, mine or the other Buck? We both had the same gross score before the deductions.

This happens all the time.

14. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

They would be:
    1. The same size gross inches wise.
    2. His would be bigger if you are talking B&C score wise.
    3. I don't know the Buckmaster scoring system but one would probably be bigger than the other due to scoring rules.

Rules are rules. If you don't like them, don't use them.

Everyone understands what you are saying. What you can't seem to comprehend is that your original example of a 165" to a 170" deer being smaller than yours is absurd.

15. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    There are Bucks that score over 200 inches that have smaller tines, and lesser spreads than many 160 inch Bucks. A lot of Bucks over 200 inches just have a lot of points.

I have seen Cactus Bucks with 40 points score 230 inches, but they had small Racks.